The Broad Center is a nonprofit organization that recruits, trains and supports talented leaders from across America to transform urban public-school systems. Our programs—The Broad Academy and The Broad Residency in Urban Education—prepare these professionals to put their skills and know-how to work and make student learning the primary driver of every central office dollar and decision. In public school districts, charter management organizations and state departments of education, more than 800 members of The Broad Center’s network are working with educators, parents and community leaders to help schools soar. Regardless of the setting, the goal is the same: make public education systems more effective, more efficient and more equitable so that every student receives a world-class education.
Our culture and team set us apart; our people are dedicated to driving impact and making a difference every day, and our climate is collaborative and vibrant. Diversity, equity and inclusion are vital to this environment. Our diverse skills, experiences, backgrounds and differing viewpoints lead to stronger ideas and lasting results, and our commitment to the values of equity and inclusion show up in our programs, our partnerships and for our staff.
What You’ll Do
The associate director will serve on The Broad Academy team, reporting directly to the senior director. The associate director will blend strategic thinking with data analytics in order to develop and support a growing network of education leaders for The Broad Academy. The two-year program accelerates the impact of leaders in advancing educational excellence and equity on behalf of the students, families and communities they serve. As a systems builder, the associate director will manage personalized learning paths, data collection & analysis and iterative design in order to drive continuous improvement of programming. With a commitment to scaling what is working and fixing what isn’t, you will amplify the experience of a diverse cohort of fellows that will participate in five in-person sessions in various locations across the country. Through these sessions, cohort members will learn from and be inspired by experts, veteran educators and each other’s knowledge and experiences about what is possible for students in our nation’s urban public schools.
This position is an individual contributor role based in Los Angeles, California. Travel required for the position is approximately 20 percent.
What You’ll Own
You will own the following:
Personalized Learning Content and Execution
- Curate a library of on-demand learning modules and ensure that content is relevant, balanced and accessible.
- Streamline structures and processes designed to create a variety of peer-to-peer learning opportunities between Fellows and with other leaders in the space.
- Manage Fellow 360s, including execution and analysis of insights.
- Oversee and execute all on-boarding activities for new cohorts to ensure participants are set up for success from day one.
- Own personalized learning at TBA, incl. assessment of the current approach, development and execution of modules and creation and implementation of recommendations for ongoing codification and improvement.
Data Collection and Impact Evaluation
- Create and own a cycle of evaluation activities to capture and reflect program impact, including session, cohort and project analysis.
- Source and implement a data repository that is structured to serve as a robust, user-friendly resource for the team.
- Support the quality iteration of program planning through continuous feedback loops.
Content Development and Special Projects
- Develop and maintain a dashboard to track team goals and support the senior director in crafting relevant professional learning experiences.
- Create engaging, content-rich experiences for “Plus Ones”, colleagues of Fellows who join session throughout the Fellowship.
- Lead ongoing research efforts to identify potential shifts or improvements critical to continually increasing program impact.
The Skillset You’ll Need
Successful candidates will have the following skills and characteristics:
Effective Planning and Execution
- A proven track record of designing and maintaining systems to manage complex projects
- Experience with program evaluation and data analysis design
- Experience in instructional design and adult learning
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, deadline-driven environment often managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Relationship Management and Communication
- Commitment to seeking feedback and modeling a learning lens through actions and interactions across the team, center and with the K-12 public education space
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion with an ability to build trust and respect across lines of difference
Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills used to connect the big picture and drive strategic thinking
- Strong systems-orientation with an ability to build, maintain and leverage systems for tracking inputs, outputs and impact across multiple program components
Personal Learning and Development
- Consistently take on learning opportunities that accelerate and support personal development
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and constantly seeks challenges
- Highly efficient and independent while maintaining an ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
What You’ll Need
The following experiences, skills and characteristics are required:
- A passion and demonstrated commitment to transforming K-12 public education
- Six to eight years of professional work experience
- Fluency with leveraging Excel, Salesforce or other platforms to inform data-driven decision making
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with senior audience
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
What We Offer
Full-time permanent team members receive:
- Competitive salary, vacation and 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous employer match
- Employer contributions to medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and family care expenses
- Free access to an on-site gym and a steady supply of nutritious snacks in our shared kitchen
The Broad Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin (including associational and perception-based discrimination based on national origin), age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristic covered by law with regard to employment opportunities.
The Broad Center is committed to providing equal access and opportunities to candidates with legally recognizable disabilities. We will make our best effort to provide reasonable accommodations at every stage of the application process. Disclosing a disability or requesting a need for accommodations is a separate and distinct process from selection and will have no bearing on a candidate’s application status. If you need to request an accommodation or have any questions regarding our disability accommodations policy, please send an email to [email protected].
For more Information & To Apply
As a member of The Broad Center team, you’ll work alongside sharp, driven colleagues who have a sense of humor matched with generosity of spirit. Alma Advisory Group is supporting the search for this position. Please contact Lesley Brown Rawlings at [email protected] for any questions.
Applicant goes to https://www.broadcenter.org/about/join-our-team/
Be the first to comment
Sign in with