Part-time (50% FTE), remote position in Boston, New York, or Washington, DC. Occasional travel required. This position may be combined with the “Sales and Marketing Associate” position to create a full-time (100% FTE) job.
Why Work with US
We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to building the capacity and impact of social sector organizations through leadership development and talent management. We partner with mission-driven organizations to diagnose key issues, facilitate essential conversations, generate internal alignment to drive informed decision making, mobilize resources, and enable teams to exercise leadership at all levels. As a thought leader, we adopt practices honed and proven in the corporate sector, as well as create and share innovative solutions tailored to the unique needs of our clients.
We deeply care about and have genuine concern and mutual respect for each other. We thrive on passion and dedication, on trust and collaboration, on agility and flexibility, on energy and innovation, and on learning and growth. We share our responsibilities, successes, and failures alike.
We have done the hard work to build a culture where we thoughtfully and respectfully say what we mean, and mean what we say. Our culture rests on the belief that we all have something important to contribute, a voice to be heard. We believe that diversity and inclusion are drivers of success.
Our people are our most valuable asset, and their growth and development is central to our work. As such, we aim for continuous learning through mistakes and supportive feedback. We value hard work and a great work-life balance.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Promoting social change is a complex and dynamic process that requires understanding of the problems organizations face as well as the impact of their interventions on constituents. For this reason, we actively recruit team members from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals applying for jobs are treated without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran status, and that all are given every opportunity to succeed.
About the Role
As a part of our small consulting team, you will play a dynamic role in multiple projects spanning client work, operations, and internal capacity building. There might not be a typical day for you, so you are comfortable wearing multiple hats and having a range of responsibilities. You aren’t afraid to face challenges head-on, put out multiple fires, and implement creative solutions.
Reporting to Principal and Operations Leader you will build strong working relationships with all staff members as you collaborate on various project teams. Over time, you will develop key consulting competencies that will position you to take on increasing responsibilities.
Consulting and Client Responsibilities – help project teams deliver high-quality client work
- Work with project teams to schedule meetings, build meeting agendas, update budgets, and prepare for meetings.
- Draft materials for client projects, including email communications, PowerPoint decks, meeting agendas, and project-related deliverables.
- Attend selected client meetings and take notes, track actions items, ensure follow-up, and send out materials.
- Assist with data collection by administering surveys, developing interview and focus group guides, and conducting initial data analysis.
- Maintain staffing and project management system(s), ensuring accurate information and reporting. Track and communicate project staffing decisions.
Operations and Internal Capacity Building Responsibilities – help build and maintain internal operations and infrastructure
- Maintain and support the development of AchieveMission technology and internal systems.
- Support AM finance and HR efforts.
- Coordinate key meetings, such as board meetings, internal retreats, etc.
- Manage and coordinate special projects (strategy development, purchase of marketing platform, thought leadership, onboarding/recruiting, etc.).
- Help to draft agendas and facilitate information flow, communication of decisions, follow up on action items, and staff accountability.
- Assist with building and updating a knowledge management system.
What we Look For
We seek motivated, analytic, creative problem-solvers with diverse perspectives and experiences. Our team members love to brainstorm and act as thought-partners to continuously improve.
- Passion: You have a strong desire to do the work that matters.
- Rigor: You are highly organized and have unwavering attention to detail.
- Strong Communication Skills: You communicate, verbally and in writing, in a direct, sensitive manner.
- Flexible and Nimble: You manage a wide range of tasks and stakeholders effectively and adapt to directional shifts on projects as work evolves.
- Independent: You work with minimal direction in a remote environment, and know when to reach out for help.
- Determination: You are a self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on tasks and projects.
- Collaborative: You are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Reflective Attitude: You are willing to constantly reflect on personal and technical areas of strength and growth.
- Intellectual Curiosity: You love to learn.
- Technology: You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Professional Experience: You have 3+ years of full-time work experience.
- Education: You have a BA degree in liberal arts, business, or similar focus; MA in non-profit management or similar degree is a bonus.
Please send a resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position; be sure to include how you heard about this opportunity. Email materials to Jack Craig at [email protected] by August 31, 2017. Please ensure that your resume and cover letter are attached as a single PDF file and include the position title, “Associate Consultant,” in the email subject line.