The Colorado Health Foundation is pleased to announce the opening of an Associate Communications Officer. This role is ideal for a communications professional who is a strong writer and skilled at developing different types of content, along with passion for the power of communications to influence and move people to action that increases health equity in Colorado. This is a tactical support role on our Communications team, which is responsible for making meaning of our work and creating culturally-appropriate experiences with the Foundation through strategic communications.
At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
- We serve Coloradans who have low income and/or have historically had less power or privilege.
- We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
- We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
Ideal candidates will connect with our mission and cornerstones; work well in ambiguity and managing change; and proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day responsibilities.
The position also requires:
- Demonstrated experience, at least three years, in varying types of writing and clear understanding of audience (through volunteering, internships or paid roles) along with a deep interest in further developing strong communications skills such as marketing expertise. Candidates will need to take a writing and editing test.
- Demonstrated talent in translating difficult information to others and thinking from an audience-first perspective.
- Demonstrated passion for learning and hard work.
- A deep understanding of the communities we serve, including Coloradans living on low income, communities of color and/or and neighborhoods or regions that face equity issues (experience may be professional in nature or personal).
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing/communications, nonprofit management, technology or a related area is required.
- Eagerness, proactivity, flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- The ability to quickly and efficiently develop content and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the use of email marketing and social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) to advance communications efforts.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through her or his professional contributions.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes February 17, 2019
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with