The San Francisco Foundation (TSFF) is the community foundation serving the Bay Area since 1948. TSFF works to advance racial and economic equity through grantmaking, investments, public policy, advocacy, civic engagement, and leadership. With approximately $1.4 billion in assets, TSFF awarded more than $167 million in grants in 2017. The San Francisco Foundation serves San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, and San Mateo Counties. See www.sff.org for more details.
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Development and Donor Services
POSITION SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Development & Donor Services and other members of the Development & Donor Services Team. Support includes but is not limited to the following activities:
- Coordinates paperwork flow, VP and departmental calendar management, establishes and maintains electronic and paper filing systems, and drafts and edits correspondences.
- Supports and assists the department with mailings and surveys, project research, responds to donor requests for information, and tracks all contact with donors in the Raiser’s Edge and SalesForce databases.
- Provides logistical support for large and small meetings, convenings, and events including working with caterers, reserving facilities, setting up meetings, mailing invitations, managing mailing lists, developing speaker and attendee profiles, and managing registration and other on-site logistical activities.
- Handles administrative details associated with the Development and Donor Services Committee including preparing and distributing notices, agendas, meeting materials and minutes, etc. Creates standard and customized reports utilizing several different applications and databases.
- Files expense reports, check requests and tracks department expenses and payments.
- Works closely with the Development & Donor Services Coordinator and Donor Relations Assistants to coordinate department activities, update policies and procedures, and maintain accurate information in the Raiser’s Edge and SalesForce databases.
- Provides administrative support to Youth Access to Nature, a donor-driven grant making program.
- Works collaboratively with and act as a liaison between other Foundation departments in executing administrative processes and provide back-up support to other administrative staff in the Development & Donor Services Department.
- Participates in staff meetings, professional development activities, internal committees, and cross-departmental projects as appropriate. Serves as a member of internal committees and workgroups.
The ideal candidate has a poised, confident, and professional style, with strong interpersonal skills for effectively representing The San Francisco Foundation in a variety of settings. Must be a proven self-starter, with a track record that demonstrates a commitment to outstanding customer service. Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through in addition to proven ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines is required.
- Minimum five years professional administrative support experience in a team-oriented organization committed to excellence in supporting its clients and partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and strong listening and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through and proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines is required
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Direct donor / client relations experience is highly desired
TECHNICAL ABILITY AND SKILLS
- Advanced computer skills in the Microsoft environment including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Skilled in using Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce and/or other database programs is strongly desired.
- Must have the desire and ability to quickly learn new applications as they are introduced into the work environment and as appropriate, assist in training other team members in using these applications
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a very competitive benefits package.
Visit the Employment Opportunities page of The San Francisco Foundation’s website at http://sff.org/about-tsff/administrative-information/employment-opportunities/
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 8, 2018
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply