About Grand Rapids Symphony
Established in 1930, the Grand Rapids Symphony is Michigan second largest performing arts organization and has received national recognition for the high quality of its concerts as well as Gateway to Music, a network of 16 education and access programs. The Grand Rapids Symphony presents more than 400 performances each year, touching the lives of 200,000 attendees. Nearly half of those who participate are students, senior citizens and people with disabilities reached through inclusive education and access programs.
The Grand Rapids Symphony is seeking an Annual Giving Manager to join their growing team. The Annual Giving Manager handles the day-to-day activities of the Grand Rapids Symphony’s Annual Fund Campaign and a significant member of the Development Department. This is an office-based full-time professional position with occasional night/weekend hours.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
A capable manager with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of fundraising experience, including but not limited to:
- Management of broad-based annual giving
- Coordination of culturally diverse donor cultivation and engagement events
- Coordination of culturally diverse leadership volunteer committees
- Development revenue processing and acknowledgement, and benefit fulfillment
- Implementation and assessment of broad-based giving strategies
- Writing and editing of print materials that resonates across all community groups
- Coordination of social media and other communication pieces
- Coordination of culturally diverse web content, including sponsor recognition
- Working discreetly with highly confidential and proprietary information
- A driven, versatile and flexible self-starter. We’re looking for someone who can thrive in our fast-paced, donor-focused environment.
- A candidate who loves technology. Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and social media expected. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- A highly-organized project manager. Attention to detail is key for success in this role.
- A positive team member who collaborates easily across various working styles and has a strong patron-service orientation.
What we’re offering:
- Join the team! When you join our team, you become part of our culture and the Symphony story.
- Variety; every day is different! Creativity is encouraged! We work hard but love to have fun.
- Robust compensation and benefits package including health and dental insurance and PTO.
- Two complimentary tickets to most Symphony concerts – attendance is encouraged!
How To Apply
If this sounds like a great fit for you, then apply here:
We are an equal opportunity employer.