Boston Lyric Opera seeks candidates to fill the role of Annual Fund Manager, an integral member of the Development Team within BLO’s External Relations department. The Annual Fund Manager will be responsible for the strategizing and management of BLO’s annual fund campaigns including direct mail, telefund and patron society membership renewal and acquisition; creating new biographical constituents for donors and prospects and maintaining biographical and financial information; stewarding and cultivating Friends of BLO donors; and participating in BLO cultivation and fundraising events.
Annual Fund Campaigns
- With guidance from Director of Operations, design and manage revenue and expense budgets and strategies for Individual Giving ($1-$2,999) campaigns.
- Manage direct mail and telefund campaigns; set parameters for list generation and segmentation; oversee print, mail and fulfillment timelines with outside vendors.
- Manage patron society membership campaigns; work with department leadership to develop strategies and materials for renewal and acquisition; coordinate campaign schedules with subscription renewals; track and analyze patron renewal, acquisition and attrition.
- Track donor performance and explore new strategies to maximize revenue.
- Identify and steward the community of Friends of BLO, identifying prospects whose profiles indicate the potential for M&L giving. Liaise with gift team about patrons with greater potential.
- Participate in BLO cultivation and fundraising events.
- Enter donor information into database, including gift details, name and address, and other highly confidential and sensitive information. Process and acknowledge gifts in accordance with approved turnaround and accuracy standards– with back-up support from Research & Database Coordinator and/or Patron Services Coordinator. Generate gift reports for Finance.
- Generate and file correspondence related to gift processing, including gift receipts, tribute notification letters, return check and incomplete check letters, and incorrect credit card information letters.
- Track and retrieve gift information; answer phone inquiries from donors.
- Coordinate with department staff to ensure accuracy of gift designations.
- Perform maintenance projects such as coding events, donor ratings, committee membership, leadership survey information, and updating and archiving data.
- Perform monthly financial reconciliations with Finance.
3-5 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Flexibility, attention to detail, bottom-line orientation and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure, collegial environment. High proficiency with technology, including Microsoft desktop applications and Tessitura, preferred. Some evening and weekend work required at the theatre and events throughout the season. Knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts would be valuable. Special consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated history of success in similar position.
How To Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Annual Fund Manager Search, Boston Lyric Opera, 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111, or email [email protected]. No phone inquiries.
February 01, 2016
Competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and opportunity for advancement.
About this Organization:
Founded in 1976, BLO’s mission is to build curiosity, enthusiasm, and support for opera, by creating musically and theatrically compelling productions, events, and educational resources for our community and beyond. BLO produces opera in all forms, large to small, popular to less known, from early music to newly commissioned works. BLO produces four mainstage productions each season: three at the Citi Performing Arts Center (SM) Shubert Theatre in Boston and an Opera Annex production in an alternative space outside the traditional opera theatre. BLO’s programs are funded, in part, by grants from the Massachusetts Cultural Council and the National Endowment for the Arts.