Based in Burlingame, CA, Open Impact is a strategic advisory firm partnering with exceptional social change leaders to envision, design and accelerate their impact. We are seeking an Analyst Fellow who can work collaboratively with our consultants to meet the needs of our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal candidate is a self-starter able to function with a high degree of autonomy. This is a full-time, one-year fellowship position and is ideal for a recent grad passionate about social change.
The analyst fellow would work with our client facing teams to develop research content that meets the needs of the client and contract. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Articulate and structure research problems in a logical manner; design a method for answering key questions using research/data;
- Gather, analyze, synthesize, and organize qualitative and quantitative data, including literature scans and online research;
- Quickly identify relevant and irrelevant data when conducting analytical work;
- Conduct landscape scans and field analyses, using interviews, online research, and database searches;
- Recognize patterns and insights in sets of data;
- Communicate to team any obstacles impeding project progression;
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality;
- Summarize and synthesize information in writing and PowerPoint formats.
Requirements and skills
- Some knowledge of social impact data collection and tools strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated, able to set priorities and self-manage
- Experience problem solving, troubleshooting and exercising judgment
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and aligned to the sensibilities and language of the target audience
- Ability to develop simple data visuals in PowerPoint preferred
- Comfortable with Dropbox, Google tools, Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please email your resume, an example of a research product, and a short cover letter explaining your interest to [email protected].