The Analyst, Data Management will support the Grants Management department in its practice of using data to measure performance, inform operational and programmatic decisions, ensure data quality, and improve grantmaking processes. She or He will work in a collaborative, cross-functional manner with other Foundation departments to assist with data literacy, documentation, and analysis pertaining to grantmaking. The analyst will also assist with the Foundation’s contact management system (Salesforce) and manage its integration with grants management software.
The Analyst, Data Management must have exceptional quantitative problem-solving skills, fluency with data management tools, excellent communication skills, and a passion for using data to improve grantmaking and the grantee experience. This full-time position will report to the Associate Director, Data Management in Chicago.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as expert on grantmaking data
- Use statistical and data visualization software to conduct planned or ad hoc data analysis
- Assist in design and development of data visualizations
- Define and extract data to support research activities
- Support the design and implementation of grantmaking processes
- Support the Associate Director, Data Management as needed, on project development, implementation and communications
- Support qualitative research efforts including survey and interview design, data collection and analysis
- Communicate data analysis to executive-level and/or non-technical audiences
- Develop and deliver trainings to build data literacy and analytics capacity
- Manage CRM data and develop processes to expand the uses of the contact management system, both for grantee and non-grantee contacts
- Perform contact maintenance data entry and assist in setting data governance policies and processes for grantees and non-grantees in integrated grants management and CRM platforms
- Use Salesforce to liaise with Communications department and Program teams on Foundation communications
- Ensure data quality by advising on data structure for new processes as they are built
- Improve quality of historical data via manual cleanup projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce required
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI preferred
- Graphic design or visual arts experience is not required, but useful
- Able to work independently, manage multiple deadline driven projects at once and possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work among a variety of program teams and departments with different management styles and objectives
- Well-developed listening skills to translate business needs from non-technical staff members into technological requirements.
- Strong communications skills and ability to translate complex data concepts to non-technical and/or executive-level staff
- Experience teaching and mentoring others, and proven dedication to building relationships across teams/departments
- Excellent interpersonal skills including flexibility and a sense of humor
- Commitment to upholding the MacArthur Foundation’s vision for diversity, equity, and inclusion, and its commitment to building a more just, verdant, and peaceful world
The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation supports creative people, effective institutions, and influential networks building a more just, verdant, and peaceful world. MacArthur is placing a few big bets that truly significant progress is possible on some of the world’s most pressing social challenges, including over-incarceration, global climate change, nuclear risk, and significantly increasing financial capital for the social sector. In addition to the MacArthur Fellows Program, the Foundation continues its historic commitments to the role of journalism in a responsible and responsive democracy, as well as the strength and vitality of our headquarters city, Chicago.
MacArthur is one of the nation's largest independent foundations. Organizations supported by the Foundation work in about 50 countries. In addition to Chicago, MacArthur has offices in India, Mexico, and Nigeria.
Please go online: https://macfound.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MAC_FOUND_EXT_CAREERS/job/Chicago-Office/Department-Administrator--Grants-Management_REQ-000056-1
Be the first to comment
Sign in with