Client Service (~90%)
- Conduct research and provide both qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of client projects and meetings
- Conduct background research on project topics (e.g. global health issues, education reform, etc.)
- Schedule and transcribe notes from interviews with subject experts
- Manage survey administration (using platforms such as SurveyMonkey) and support data management and documentation
- Conduct quantitative data analysis using Excel and SPSS as necessary
- Produce visual representations of research findings, such as Excel charts, PowerPoint slide decks, and infographics
- Support the drafting, revising, and formatting of client reports, presentations, memos, and correspondence
- Assist in designing and executing strategic programs and initiatives, including grantee learning networks, newly created organizations, and donor collaboratives
- Assist in conference planning on behalf of clients, including agenda development, speaker preparation, and participant management
- Provide logistical support for client meetings and conferences held on behalf of clients
- Schedule interviews and coordinate conference calls, webinars, and focus groups
- Transcribe notes for external and internal meetings
- Provide additional administrative support as necessary
- Initiate and lead internal projects related to the team’s business strategy, annual objectives, skill development, internal/knowledge management, or culture
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum two years of work experience (internships and work experience combined)
- A strong interest in the field of philanthropy
- Extremely strong attention to detail and a strong sense of personal responsibility for one’s work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and in a timely and proactive manner
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Program and event management experience
- Team-oriented, professional, with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be resourceful and adapt quickly to change
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional work experience in consulting and/or the social change sector
- Interest in and experience with our areas of focus: environment, education, health, and international development
- Interest in and experience with graphic design and/or data visualization
- Experience using Excel, SPSS, or both for quantitative analysis
- Experience developing surveys in online platforms such as SurveyMonkey and analyzing survey results
- Comfort with and interest in learning, working, and being creative with new software systems as needed (e.g., intranet, mapping software, social network mapping, web analytics)
- [Service Excellence] Ability to provide excellent, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service.
- [Project and Task Management] The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives
- [Stakeholder Management] The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding.
- [Communication] The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences; to make technical information assessible to broader audiences; and to collaborate with others to produce strong written deliverables
- [Collaboration] The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums
- [Continuous Learning] An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance
- [Resourcefulness] The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
How To Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.