You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
Arabella Advisors seeks a detail-oriented compliance expert with experience in supporting advocacy and lobbying activity. If you want the opportunity to work with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial team reshaping the charitable sector, then this job is for you. This is a new position that will partner with the legal and compliance team, account managers, and project staff. This role will play a key role in shaping, monitoring, and adjusting the process of tracking and reporting on activity related to federal, state, local lobbying and elections and ballot measures.
- Design and manage systems to track activity, including registration and reporting deadlines related to federal, state, local lobbying and elections and ballot measures.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather information needed to meet registration and reporting requirements.
- Oversee submission of all reports to ensure that they are accurate and timely.
- Develop and refine processes and guidelines related to federal, state, local lobbying and election and ballot measure tracking and reporting for use by staff.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders related to reporting and registration requirements, engage with outside counsel as needed.
- Track guidance received from and engagement with outside counsel.
- Help colleagues problem solve; contribute to knowledge management by identifying need for and creating additional resources (e.g., checklists, quality control measures) as necessary
- Regularly monitor project activity to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Work proactively and collaboratively across teams and departments (advocacy, compliance, legal, finance, client service) to develop, design, and complete registration and reporting duties.
- Contribute to operational and procedural innovations
- Contribute to firm’s reputation as a leader in nonprofit advocacy compliance.
- Contribute to the team and organization’s significant year-over-year growth by improving our systems, operations and processes
- Contribute to the achievement of important team objectives
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of work experience, at least two years of which include responsibilities related to federal or state nonprofit lobbying regulations and reporting and/or election law and FEC regulations.
- Impeccable interpersonal and client relationship/customer service skills, comfortable with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively
- Ability to proactively problem-solve to identify both problems and potential solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and developing systems/processes where they didn’t exist before
- High level of computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database programs, including Salesforce, and web-based communications tools
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s Managed Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health and civic engagement.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.