WHO WE ARE
Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) is accelerating economic and social impact in communities nationwide through inclusive entrepreneurship. We foster local entrepreneurship by supporting aspiring small-business owners who have ideas but lack capital and connections. As a network of business leaders, community champions and visionaries from diverse backgrounds, we are united in the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to pursue their dream of starting a business and that small businesses are critical to local community health and revitalization.
Since our founding a decade ago, EforAll entrepreneurs have started over 500 businesses in 10 cities. In 2019, our entrepreneurs’ businesses generated over $25M in revenue. Our entrepreneurs are 74% women, 58% people of color, 45% immigrants, and 39% previously unemployed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At a time of national expansion and opportunity, we are seeking an Advancement Officer to lead efforts to secure the financial support needed to bring EforAll to more cities nationwide. Working hand-in-hand with the CEO and Board, this position will create meaningful ways for supporters across the country to champion EforAll’s growth and long-term sustainability. Specifically, the Advancement Officer will:
- Design and implement major giving strategies to 1) increase annual $4M revenue goal year-over-year, 2) generate new relationships with major donors with the capacity to give 5-, 6-, and 7-figure gifts, 3) grow engagement of current supporters, including renewing and/or increasing multi-year gifts.
- Lead cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new donors, building and growing a personal portfolio of donors. Engage in every stage of donor relations, including making asks and closing gifts.
- Provide leadership and direction to the CEO and Board of Directors to ensure efficiency of their time spent on fundraising. Position them to cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with major individual donors.
- Lead efforts to identify and pursue a robust pipeline of prospective donors. Leverage the Board’s deep networks and conduct primary research to unearth prospects e.g. successful entrepreneurs, business executives, etc.
- Partner with EforAll regional leadership to identify donors with potential to support EforAll on a national level. Strategize with local Executive Directors on best ways to maximize donor engagement and giving.
- In partnership with the program team, pursue meaningful ways for donors to experience the EforAll program, such as attending pitch contests, judging final Accelerator presentations, and meeting entrepreneurs.
- Working with the marketing team, create a structure for strategic donor communications, including stewardship touchpoints, briefing materials for donor meetings, funder presentations, written appeals, and other materials as needed. Leverage data, impact stories, and knowledge of EforAll’s work in donor communications.
- Guide the work of the Advancement Operations Manager to ensure that all donor information, touchpoints, and projections are tracked effectively in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Serve as a knowledgeable ambassador for EforAll and operate with a commitment to uplifting the success of our entrepreneurs in the forefront of our fundraising efforts.
WHO YOU ARE
- A passionate advocate who is committed to EforAll’s mission and values. You believe in the power of accelerating economic and social impact in communities nationwide through inclusive entrepreneurship. You thrive in an organization that embraces change, seeks inclusivity and diversity, fosters a collaborative and supportive culture, and celebrates each other.
- An energetic advancement professional who seeks out and seizes opportunities. You have at least 8 years of work experience in major gift fundraising, with a track record of qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding 5- and 6-figure major donors. You bring experience in and excitement for building a donor base, as well as personally closing major gifts.
- A thoughtful relationship builder who develops rapport easily and fosters long-term connections. You have a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that translates to building lasting relationships with a broad range of stakeholders. You “manage up” to senior leadership and effectively work across teams and networks.
- An engaging and clear communicator who draws people in. You are skilled in communicating in ways that inspire others to action. You demonstrate an understanding of the context surrounding an issue area and create logical arguments that clearly articulate the “why” behind an organization’s mission and impact.
- A flexible, self-directed, and willing team member. You are at home in a lean nonprofit environment with the ability to stay focused and nimble in the face of rapid change. You play well with others, pitch in wherever is needed, and are comfortable with shared responsibility.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who is excited by growth and big goals. You are action-oriented and willing to run with new ideas. You tackle problems as they arise and take advantage of available resources to address challenges and opportunities.
HOURS AND LOCATION
This full-time position is available immediately. This position is virtual. While we are open to location for the exceptional candidate, a home base in Boston, New York City, Chicago, Silicon Valley, Dallas, or other major city is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience in the range of $120,000 – $130,000, with medical and dental insurance, 403b retirement plan with the option to open an additional Roth IRA retirement account to save even more money for retirement, 3 weeks of vacation time, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, 2 personal days, and 8 consecutive weeks of paid Parental Leave due to the birth of a child, or the adoption/fostering of a child under the age of 18 years.
If this opportunity calls out to you, please click here to submit 1) a tailored, authentic cover letter that explains why this mission excites you and why this particular role is a fit for you and 2) your resume. Please address your cover letter to David Parker, CEO. We review applications on a rolling basis and strive to get back to applicants within two weeks.