Fundamental, a boutique philanthropic consulting firm working with several private and family charitable foundations, seeks an Administrative/Research Coordinator for our Beverly Hills office. The Coordinator will work across multiple client accounts, collaborating with other members of the Fundamental team on all aspects of administrative support and research. Such duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the face and voice of the company by greeting and welcoming guests to our office space and answering a high volume of incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate team members;
- Managing day-to-day office needs (ordering supplies, interfacing with vendors etc.);
- Assisting with research projects relating to a variety of topics including Arts Education, Healthcare, Arts and Culture, Education and more;
- Conducting political research;
- Assisting with creative design for presentations/collateral and company/client websites;
- Assisting with event planning (for firm or client accounts), as needed;
- Supporting the Program Officers and Chief of Staff in all components of Grants Management (drafting grant agreements, award letters and check letters);
- Working in partnership with the Chief of Staff to complete Foundation audits;
- Tracking and inputting grant information and progress reports in Salesforce database;
- Taking a leadership role in creating and implementing an office filing system (Electronic or hard copy);
- Assisting with office financials (client accounts and petty cash accounting); and
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years’ experience working in an office setting;
- Experience working with foundations, non-profit organizations, the entertainment industry, elected officials and/or political campaigns a plus;
- Knowledge of Salesforce database and WordPress a plus;
- Strong communication, design and research skills;
- Ability to implement work with limited staff support;
- Extremely resourceful, ability to anticipate needs before senior management asks;
- Ability to juggle competing demands in a fast-paced work environment;
- Independent initiative and a collegial spirit in sharing ideas and receiving and giving constructive feedback; and
- Operates with discretion and confidentiality.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Andrea Sorin at [email protected]. Additionally, please complete the following writing assignment: Tell us in roughly 250 words about a social issue of deep importance to you and why it matters.