Marguerite Casey Foundation supports leaders who work to shift the balance of power in their communities toward working people and families, and who have the vision and capacity for building a truly representative economy. We are an organization driven by a belief that working people and families need to be protagonists in shaping our democracy and economy. We believe that freedom is possible when we support those on the frontlines to imagine freely, try bold ideas, and organize the communities we care about.
Our values are:
- Belonging & Representation: We are intentional and vigilant in identifying and undoing racism and white supremacy on every level in order to create an environment where acceptance, dignity, and justice are experienced by all.
- Mutual Respect: We recognize the inherent value of people and relationships. We are direct, clear, and timely in our communication and treat everyone with care and humility.
- Trust: We show and earn trust through honesty, transparency, and being responsible for our actions, words, attitudes, and follow-through.
In order to be successful at the Marguerite Casey Foundation, you must be able to:
- Work in an environment where curiosity, not certainty, informs our work.
- Build rapport and trust with our team, grant recipients, and field leaders.
- Work collaboratively with our team, grant recipients, and field leaders.
- Lead and manage your own body of work, from inception to completion.
- Set expectations of our team, grant recipients, and field leaders appropriately.
- Know when you are in over your head and communicate it to our team, trusting that we will be here to support you.
The Administrative Partner in the Office of the President & CEO reports to the Chief of Staff and is responsible for the day-to-day direct administrative support of the President & CEO. This work requires anticipating needs while managing the day‐to‐day workflow and prioritizing various projects, including scheduling, contact management, preparing materials for meetings, and participating in a wide range of special projects. The ideal candidate will be flexible (including in work hours), comfortable receiving direction, and a team player.
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 - $120,000
LOCATION: This position is based in Seattle, WA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all MCF staff are currently working from home, however all staff will be expected to be able to report in person to the Foundation office once it is deemed safe again to do so.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage a complex and active calendar, which will require monitoring shifting priorities, developing and overseeing workflow of incoming schedule requests from beginning to end, resolving scheduling conflicts, scheduling adequate time for transition between events and preparation, capturing key details for each event, and ensuring that the President & CEO’s schedule is followed and respected
- With the Chief of Staff, coordinate the preparation of timely, accurate briefing materials and documents (agendas, memoranda, etc.) for all events that require the President & CEO’s participation
- Manage the President & CEO’s electronic and paper working files, and records archiving in compliance with the Foundation’s policies
- Partner with the Board Liaison to schedule regular Board meetings and fill in for the Board Liaison when necessary
- Communicate, directly and tactfully as a key representative of the President & CEO, with Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to the President’s Office
- Share operational support and reception duties with the administrative team, including greet and assist visitors, staff event planning, shipping and mail handling, office supply orders and other duties as assigned
- Make travel arrangements for the President & CEO, including transportation and lodging
- Support meeting logistics for both on-site and off-site meetings, including but not limited to arranging catering services as needed, and preparing meeting materials
- Assist with virtual meeting planning and execution, helping to build agendas and identify and follow up on action items
- Manage events invitation and registration lists
Financial Administrative Support
- Track and reconcile monthly financial statements and submit them to the Finance team
- Reconcile travel expenses and process reimbursements in a timely manner
- Manage invoices for the President & CEO and the Chief of Staff to sign
- Support the matching gifts process for the President & CEO
- Proven work experience providing highly responsive and accurate support to an executive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an understanding of nuance and context and attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a collaborative, often fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness, flexibility, and humor
- Proficient understanding of Google Suite and Zoom
Marguerite Casey Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent medical/dental/vision coverage for employees and their families, retirement benefits, generous and flexible paid time off, paid family and medical leave, a transit pass, and ongoing professional development.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at the Marguerite Casey Foundation, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Please follow instructions online here: Apply for this job
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with