The Waldorf School of San Diego is seeking a full-time Administrator to partner with our leadership team and serve a dedicated faculty and staff. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in all aspects of school administration, with particular emphasis on financial operations, educational budgeting, and human resources management, as well as knowledge of and interest in Waldorf pedagogy. Please forward a personal letter of interest along with resume detailing background, educational experience, community and professional involvement, and three references to: Melissa Marino, [email protected].
Hired by, and reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Administrator:
- Directs day-to-day non-teaching school operations, exercising fiscal, budgetary and legal authority as well as managing risk and school resources in collaboration with Leadership Council and the Board of Trustees.
- Ensures the observance of policies and procedures as established in concert with Board, Faculty and others in the community where appropriate.
- Leads in the execution of the school’s vision for the future.
- Leads and manages the administrative staff.
- Embodies, advocates and executes the mission and values of the school.
- Commitment to servant leadership and collaborative partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in school administration, preferably at a Waldorf school.
- Prior teaching experience a plus.
- Significant experience in financial operations and educational budgeting.
- Human Resources management experience.
- Knowledge of facilities management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business of a related field from an accredited university required. Master’s degree preferred.