Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that manages over 30 separate and independent family foundations. We provide whatever a foundation needs to operate optimally, including strategic advice, board support, grantmaking programs, compliance, financial management and a physical home. With a current staff of 33, we value competence and camaraderie and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic administrative support professional to join the team. This position will focus on Sunlight Giving, a family foundation that supports local and national organizations that provide basic services to low-income families with children ages 0-5, and several related philanthropic entities. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for a variety of administrative activities for Sunlight Giving and the entities, and site management of PFS’s Palo Alto offices. This position will support grants management, the program team and leadership, and ensure smooth office systems. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt, and reports to the Senior Grants Manager.
Administrative Support for Sunlight Giving (85% of time)
- Provide reception: greet visitors and serve as first contact for general phone calls;
- Coordinate logistics for both on-site and off-site meetings, including coordinating space and catering services, travel arrangements, and preparing meeting materials;
- Perform general administrative duties including sorting and distributing office mail, taking meeting minutes, drafting routine correspondence, creating and maintaining physical and electronic files, updating and maintaining meeting schedules;
- Support grants management by maintaining grantmaking information in grants database, providing technical support to grant applicants, and performing scanning and mailings;
- Support Sunlight team by responding to mail, email and telephone inquiries;
- Prepare board and grantmaking meeting materials;
- Assist with maintenance of website, including updating content and performing regular quality assurance;
- Coordinate technical support including managing Apple software and hardware inventory and tech support tickets;
- Manage memberships and subscriptions;
- Maintain administrative and office systems, policies, procedures and track administrative budgets;
- Participate in Grants Management team meetings and professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date on developments in the field and compliance requirements; and
- Special projects as assigned.
Office Management for PFS Palo Alto Offices (15% of time)
- Coordination of reception area, kitchen, and conference room maintenance;
- Maintain inventory, order and manage office and kitchen supplies
- Serve as point of contact for property manager and vendors as needed;
- Oversee supply budget and petty cash; and
- Supervise maintenance of all office equipment and ensure they are in good working order.
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- At least two years’ experience in administrative support. Nonprofit experience and/or experience in philanthropy a plus.
- Proven attention to detail, high level of organization, and ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently, as well as with others, in a collaborative, often fast-paced, team environment;
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong information technology skills, including proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office, project management software and database programs;
- Adept at working with people from diverse backgrounds, including staff of grantee organizations, high net worth donors and those with divergent political and world views;
- Empathy and respect for those who do the hard work of developing and raising money for programs and organizations;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters; and
- Demonstrated commitment to PFS values of generosity, respect, integrity, inclusion, commitment and humility.
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the Palo Alto office, and may require infrequent travel to the San Francisco office.
Salary Range: $61,000 - $75,000 DOE
Benefits: Include medical, dental, vision, Section 125 plan, 401K retirement, Commuter Checks and more
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Fiona Barrett, Vice President of Administration
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: June 25, 2018
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Pacific Foundation Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
All final candidates must provide three relevant employment references, and be able to verify the right to work in the United States