The Lumpkin Family Foundation (LFF) makes grants and conducts programs that support people pursuinginnovation and long-lasting improvements in the environment, health, education, and community access to thearts. The Foundation was founded in 1953 by a bequest from Besse A. Lumpkin, whose family created what wouldgrow to be one of the country’s largest privately-held telephone companies, Consolidated Communications. TheFoundation is located in Mattoon, Illinois at the company headquarters. The Foundation currently has three full-time staff members and is governed by an active board of trustees.
The Foundation makes grants to central and downstate Illinois organizations through our Land, Health, Communityprogram, as well as for youth mentoring and the arts in communities across the country where family memberslive. For more information on LFF, visit www.lumpkinfoundation.org.
- Assist grant applicants at all stages of the grant cycle, including navigating the online grant system,correspondence, records management, and follow-up reporting.
- Coordinate Foundation internal and external events and meetings, including logistics, communications, and materials.
- Manage Foundation member relations and records related to member giving.
- Assist in creating communication pieces and updating the Foundation’s Website.
- Assist in compiling reports, including creating graphical elements, tables, and presentations.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Program Officer.
- Ensure prompt grant disbursements and payment of Foundation invoices.
- General office duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree (e.g. Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Information Technology, InformationSciences)
- Demonstrated proficiency in IT related document production (texts, tables, charts, reports) and onlineresearch, including intermediate to advanced level knowledge of MS Word, intermediate level knowledge ofMS Excel, and solid understanding of MS PowerPoint. High level familiarity with online information sources,including social networking sites, blogs, Web tools, etc. Knowledge of design and graphics creation.
- Experience with data entry and database management systems.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills, including the ability to develop and improve systems.
- Promptness, reliability, sound judgment, attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Team player with a diplomatic, professional manner, and a sense of humor.
- Interest in contributing to advance LFF’s mission and experience working for a nonprofit are highly valued.
The Lumpkin Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.Applications accepted until the position is filled. The position is will begin as soon as possible after selection.
Send a cover letter and resume by email to Amanda Standerfer at [email protected].
Be the first to comment
Sign in with