About RSF Social Finance
Imagine working with a group of thoughtful, committed colleagues to transform the way the world works with money.
At RSF Social Finance, we bring our individual passions, experience, and skills to meet the needs of others through innovative and integrated investing, lending, and giving services that generate positive social and environmental impact while fostering community and collaboration among participants.
With a 35 year track record of deploying loans, grants, and other catalytic capital to non-profit and for- profit social enterprises, RSF is recognized nationwide as a leader in the field of social finance. As an organization of fewer than 50 employees, RSF’s approach is to grow our team by adding one person at a time. In doing so we identify and seek a particular set of skills and experience to meet specific organizational needs, while seeking candidates who are also aligned with our purpose, values, and operating principles.
For more details, visit rsfsocialfinance.org.
This front desk administrative position is a key member of the RSF Staff and responsible for ensuring that all visitors, Staff and Board have a positive experience when greeted at the front door, on the phone or via email. This multi-faceted role must handle both front and back-of-house responsibilities, balancing administrative tasks with front desk reception duties. Administrative Associate must possess excellent customer service and communication skills and have a clear understanding of the varied logistics associated with being first point of contact for the organization.
Reception & Front Office
- Warmly greet visitors, guests, and clients.
- Answer the main phone line and deliver mail and faxes to staff.
- Purchase office and kitchen supplies.
- Coordinate shipping and mailing for teams.
- Maintain high sense of cleanliness and organization in common areas (reception area, conference rooms, kitchens and basements).
- Support staff in meeting setup.
- Support Office Manager with Facilities tasks as needed.
Event & Catering Coordination
- Coordinate catering and other logistics for special staff meetings, staff trainings, and other events as requested.
- Support staff in coordinating logistics (including scheduling, meeting room setup support, and catering) for brown bag lunches and other special events or meetings, as requested.
- Organize, prepare, or provide weekly Friday continental breakfast for all staff.
- Support Office Manager/Assistant to CEO with events and catering projects as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources & Organizational Culture departments, including meeting scheduling, logistical support for external events, and other program assistance as needed.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to other departments as time permits, including filing, copying, meeting coordination, arranging conference calls, arranging travel, and check depositing for accounting department as back-up.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education, Experience and Communication Skills
- 1-2 years’ administrative/office work experience; receptionist and/or hospitality experience preferred
- Work and/or volunteer experience in the nonprofit or social finance sector is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required as the position requires daily phone and email correspondence with staff, vendors, and clients
- Fluency in oral and written English required
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills required
- Basic math skills are needed for compiling expense reports and mileage logs
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and to coordinate multi-step projects
- Organized, highly meticulous with excellent follow-through and responsiveness
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders in person and on the phone
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to pitch in at all times
Compensation & Benefits
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the $45-55K range depending on experience. This position could be ¾ time at 30 hours per week up to full-time at 40 hours per week, salary will reflect hours worked.
Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
- Benefits to be prorated depending on ¾ or full time position.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume via e-mail to [email protected] along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role.
In the e-mail subject line, please write “Administrative Associate”.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.