You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial information. We need you to be highly organized, and detail and deadline-oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously. The right candidate has outstanding client service skills, operates independently with minimal direction and enjoys working in a fast paced, mission driven environment.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process check, EFT and wire requests
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Reconcile and process monthly credit card statements and payments
- Reconcile and process employee expense reimbursements
- Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Assist with month-end close including journal entries
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with annual Form 1099 reporting and associated record-keeping requirements
- Assist with preparation of annual audit and tax reconciliation schedules
- Assist the Assistant Controller with general ledger reconciliations and special projects as needed
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of one year of work experience in an accounting role
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including accrual accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Must have a strong work ethic, be well-organized and a self-starter
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to report on complex data in an easily understandable manner
- Ability to work independently and within teams in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness that spurs innovation and problem solving
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Intermediate Excel skills
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service.
- The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives
- The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences; to make technical information assessible to broader audiences; and to collaborate with others to produce strong written deliverables
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums
- An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online at Arabella Advisors. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.