Arabella Advisors seeks an entrepreneurial, socially engaged professional to help our clients launch and manage innovative social sector projects. Our new associate director will have the opportunity to help build and lead one of the country’s fastest-growing public charities. The Associate Director will manage a diverse portfolio of projects focused on affecting national and global change. In doing so, you will work closely with philanthropists, program staff, and other key stakeholders; and rely on your operations and relationship management expertise to ensure programmatic compliance and effectiveness.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
About the Managed Nonprofit Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
- Serve as a relationship and project manager for a portfolio of projects, drawing upon skills that include client relationship management, proposal and grant/contract management, and financial and legal compliance
- Act as primary liaison with philanthropic partners to develop, structure and maximize the impact of projects
- Ensure your portfolio of projects adheres to best practices in tracking and monitoring all activities to ensure compliance with IRS, federal, and state regulations
- Support new business development by meeting with potential clients, evaluating projects, and developing collateral, proposals and budgets
- Contribute to the team and organization’s significant year-over-year growth by innovating our operations and processes
- Develop new services based on donor and client needs
- Develop relevant expertise in philanthropy, grant management, technology and business processes
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of work experience with steadily increasing responsibility
- Experience in philanthropy, non-profits, and/or business
- Experience in financial analysis and/or impact investing
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects, oversee and delegate to others, and meet deadlines
- Personal presence and intellectual heft needed to work effectively with sophisticated and demanding partners
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness that spurs innovation and problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly collaborative working style with strong interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional leader
- Sense of humor
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address: 1) your understanding of the practice of fiscal sponsorship and interest in working on the Managed Organizations team; 2) your client management experience and philosophy; and 3) how this job fits with your career path. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
This position is planned to start in mid-April or mid-May of 2016. Please consider these potential start dates when submitting your application.
Do you like this post?