We are City Scholars® Foundation. We believe every child deserves a quality education regardless of their zip code or family income. That’s why, as a tax-exempt, for purpose corporation established in 1993, we’re helping over 69,000 predominantly low-income youth each year have a better chance to learn and achieve against the odds by strengthening the leadership and accelerating the impact of 23 critical education nonprofits.
To fulfill our mission, we partner with equity-minded corporations, foundations and corporations to sponsor our signature investment, the City Scholars® Fellowship for Education, an innovative, multi-year nonprofit leadership institute and capacity building partnership.
Behind every great nonprofit is a great leader who needs more than heart to keep the lights on and the doors open. With TEAM City Scholars® executive volunteers sharing time, talent and treasure, our Fellowship for Education inspires, challenges, equips and encourages a growing and diverse community of extraordinarily collaborative education nonprofit CEOs, who are distinguished as City Scholars® Foundation Fellows.
Through continuing education, leadership coaching, mentoring, networking and critical accountability, our Fellowship for Education empowers Foundation Fellows to grow after-school, school-based and youth-focused nonprofits from survival to success to significance. Be inspired at www.cityscholars.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
If you’re a strategic, resourceful, engaging and mission-driven leader who (1) shares our passion for equity in education, (2) wants to help us grow our impact and (3) would love supporting, learning from and contributing to a powerful community of equity-minded education nonprofit leaders, then we invite you to submit your application for consideration as our FOUNDATION MANAGER.
With your program/event/operations management and relationship-building skills, you’ll serve as the “right hand” to our Founder & President, manage day-to-day operations for the Foundation and help us expand the diversity, impact and influence of our signature investment, the City Scholars® Fellowship for Education, an innovative, multi-year nonprofit leadership institute and capacity building partnership.
As our FOUNDATION MANAGER, you’ll join a small, highly collaborative and supportive team of executive volunteers and staff who make our mission possible. You’ll work full-time generally Monday – Thursday with time on Friday to reflect, renew and recharge for the week ahead. We’ll look to you for critical leadership and support to help us as a team:
- Identify, vet, select and onboard First-Year Foundation Fellows, while partnering closely with our Founder & President to facilitate learning, support accountability and promote collaboration throughout our Fellowship for Education community.
- Recruit and engage TEAM City Scholars® executive volunteers to serve as leadership advisors, coaches and mentors for our Foundation Fellows and as advocates and ambassadors for the Foundation. You’ll also plan, organize and evaluate our annual TEAM City Scholars® Leadership Summit.
- Collect, catalogue, communicate and celebrate the exponential impact of our Fellowship for Education and those whose contributions make it possible.
- Mobilize increased financial and in-kind support from institutional partners (corporate and foundation) and individual donors (primarily executive donors contributing $500 or more annually) through program sponsorships, grants and individual appeals.
- Ensure day-to-day Foundation operations stay on track as we continue to grow forward. You’ll take the lead here with support from the entire team.
To enjoy and make the biggest difference in this high-impact, generalist role, you will need to:
- possess a Bachelor’s degree and a proven track record of success (ideally 5 – 7 years or more) as a high-performing, self-motivated, impact-driven professional with a “let’s do this” attitude who excels working independently and collaboratively in both traditional office and virtual environments. Experience in leadership development or nonprofit capacity building is a plus.
- think BIG while implementing projects large and small with excellence; take ownership and initiative; balance focus with flexibility and enthusiasm with patience; have strong analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; be extremely detail-oriented; and, thrive managing multiple (sometimes changing) priorities and projects with minimal supervision.
- be highly proficient with Microsoft Office and G-Suite. Proficiency with Dropbox, Zoom, SurveyMonkey, Salesforce, QuickBooks, WordPress, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite and various social media is a plus. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and nonprofit accounting is a major plus.
- present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, possess a valid driver’s license; own or have access to a reliable automobile with proof of insurance and valid registration; and, be able to lift 20 lbs.
As our FOUNDATION MANAGER, you’ll earn $70,000/year as a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible employee.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. BENEFITS: Upon successful completion of the Introductory Period, full-time employee benefits include:
- Four-Day Workweek, Monday – Thursday (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) + “Flex-Fridays”
- Hybrid Location = Remote + 2 – 4 days/month on-site in Downtown Los Angeles or surrounding region
- Holiday Pay (13 – 15 organization holidays/year including end-of-year office closure)
- Employer contribution to group health plan and to Simple IRA retirement savings plan
- Public transportation commuter benefit plan (for the days we work together in person)
- Professional development opportunities
We take lunchtime seriously and are closed to the public most Fridays to give our team time to reflect, renew and recharge. We work together virtually most of the week; and aim to work together in person (practicing all COVID safety protocols) one day a week in Downtown LA or the Greater Los Angeles region.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit (1) your professional resume and (2) a thoughtful cover letter sharing why our mission matters to you and how you can help us expand our impact serving as our FOUNDATION MANAGER. Email both applicable documents as PDF files to [email protected] Only qualified applicants selected for the interview process will be contacted. No phone calls please. City Scholars® Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Nothing in this position description restricts the Foundation&#39;s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time.