Founded in 2015, Point Source Youth is a 501(c)3 organization working nationally to prevent and end homelessness for all young people, with a focus on BIPOC and LGBTQ+ youth. They help advocate for, implement, and evaluate proven, scalable, and replicable youth homelessness interventions to increase housing options for youth. Point Source Youth’s liberation focused model trusts young people as experts in their lives and wellbeing. Their youth-centered solutions provide support for direct cash transfers, rapid re-housing, host homes, and family and kinship strengthening. Each solution centers youth choice and empowers young people to make vital decisions that positively impact their lives.
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this newly created position, the Senior Vice President, Development will report to and partner with the Executive Director to significantly increase corporate and foundation support and build robust individual and major giving programs to expand Point Source Youth’s work. With support from the Executive Director and Director of Development, the SVP will co-create a sophisticated and effective development department and strategic fundraising program to support Point Source Youth’s continued growth. The key responsibilities of this position include:
Strategy and Structures
- Develop strategic fundraising plans to diversify revenue and expand unrestricted income;
- Craft compelling stories and articulate messaging to raise support for PSY’s systems and policy change work to end youth homelessness;
- Build intentional fundraising practices on a firm knowledge of program initiatives, organizational priorities, and staff capacity;
- Create systems and processes that support consistent and effective donor engagement, including building and maintaining a donor database.
Donor Identification and Cultivation
- Through prospect research and on-going relationship development expand the portfolio of individual and institutional donors including foundations and corporations;
- Identify individuals and foundations to expand local support in the regions PSY serves;
- Create major donor cultivation events to introduce individuals to PSY’s mission and impact;
- Develop goals and stewardship strategies that ensure each donor (both individual and institutional) receives frequent, personalized attention;
- Leverage wealth screening and other research tools to ensure solicitations are aligned with donors’ capacity and interests;
- In partnership with the Communications team, identify and cultivate sponsors for the four Symposia on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness (Rural, National, West, and South).
Communication and Collaboration
- Create an annual fundraising calendar and effectively collaborate with relevant individuals and departments to meet application, reporting, event, and communications deliverables;
- In communication and partnership with the Programs and Communications teams, develop a process that ensures all restricted funding proposals are in support of existing and planned programs;
- Coordinate with the Management Team to collect data, analyze outputs, and effectively report organizational impact to donors and prospects;
- Support the Policy team’s efforts to use a public health framework to obtain significant new federal, local, city and state funding for evidence-based solutions, including Direct Cash Transfers, to end and prevent youth homelessness;
- Engage and provide support to the Board of Directors to meet their individual fundraising goals and to fulfill their responsibilities as ambassadors for the organization;
- Foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization built on a foundation of transparency and collaboration.
$150,000 - $170,000
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. Please submit a résumé and original cover letter that describes your interest in the organization’s mission and qualifications for the position as attachments via e-mail to:
Michelle Kristel, Managing Partner
1740 Broadway, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212.531.5003 | Fax: 212.203.9599
Email: [email protected] | Website www.mccormackkristel.com
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with