Business Impact NW is one of the leading non-profit community development financial and business assistance organizations in the Pacific Northwest. The mission of BIN is to promote the economic development of marginalized communities by offering access to capital, training and support to grow small businesses throughout the Pacific Northwest. For more information about BIN’s history, mission, and programs for women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, immigrant, and veteran business owners, please see our website: www.businessimpactnw.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Position summary: The Corporate Giving Manager is responsible for corporate grants, gifts and sponsorships that financially sustain programs and operations of Business Impact NW - a nonprofit CDFI dedicated to growing small businesses that create jobs in underserved communities. This position reports to the Associate Director of Development in the Development Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Chief Strategic Development Officer and Associate Development Director to set aggressive corporate development calendar and agenda for Business Impact NW that meets or exceeds annual budgetary goals
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships within the corporate giving world to facilitate funding opportunities, retain and increase the number of sponsors for events, grow current sponsor commitments, and create new investments
- Qualify, Cultivate, Solicit, and Steward corporate prospects and contributors to meet or exceed annual revenue goals, maintain an excellent reputation in the community and relationships with contributors
- Execute high-value sponsorship recognition, acknowledgment, and thanking in coordination with other departments
- Write successful grants as needed for corporate support
- Keep development database current with communication, pledges, gifts, and commitments related to fundraising activity
- Develop and maintain contributor engagement program and work collaboratively with the Chief Strategic Development Officer, Associate Development Director, and Events and Engagement Manager to develop additional compelling corporate engagement opportunities
- Work collaboratively with Development and other departments, management team, and external fundraising professionals
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email [email protected]org with your resume and answer the questions below:
o How many years of sales or fundraising experience do you have?
o How comfortable are you speaking with business and finance professionals?
o Please rate your comfort level asking for money? (Low, Medium, High)
o Why do you believe small businesses are important?