ABOUT THE POSITION
The Joyce Foundation seeks a Program Officer to oversee its newly expanded Voter Engagement portfolio within the Democracy Program. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic thinker to develop and implement a plan to support voter engagement programs and policies in the Great Lakes region focused on historically excluded communities including voters of color and language minorities, young voters, and voters with disabilities, as well as voter engagement that aligns with the Foundation’s program issue priorities.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. To apply for this position, please complete and submit this application form by 11:59pm CT on March 28, 2022: https://forms.gle/9vbFpS5uyU1nK2H39
The application form will ask you to provide your contact information, upload your resume, and share a link to your LinkedIn proﬁle if you have one (optional). Also, the application will ask you to respond brieﬂy to the following questions in lieu of submitting a cover letter:
- What interests you about this position? (up to 1,000 characters, or about 150 words)
- What are the most formidable barriers to full voter participation? (up to 1,200 characters, or about 200 words)
- Please briefly describe your voting policy and strategy development experience through your professional or volunteer work. (up to 1,200 characters, or about 200 words)
- Please describe any experience you have with grantmaking or managing a re-grant program, or, if you don’t have prior grants management experience, what you view as key skills or experience that would help you manage a grantmaking portfolio. (up to 1,000 characters, or about 150 words)
- Please describe your approach to applying a racial equity lens in your work. (up to 1,000 characters, or about 150 words)
Please note that we will review your responses to these questions prior to looking at your resume.
First-round interviews for this position are anticipated to begin in April with a subsequent round in May. Ideally, the selected candidate will begin in June or July 2022.