ABOUT THE POSITION
Program Associates on the Managed Organizations “MO” team provide critical, holistic operational support to Arabella’s fiscally sponsored nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits -- many focused on conservation, global health, and civic engagement -- as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
Managed Organizations team members are deeply passionate about the role that smooth, efficient back-office organizational operations play in achieving social impact. Our colleagues are experienced and skilled in areas like non-profit (c3) and (c4) compliance, budgeting and finance, human resources, technology, and project management.
Program Associate Essential Responsibilities:
- With account manager support, serve as primary liaison between internal operational teams and a portfolio of fiscally sponsored nonprofit clients to ensure that deliverables are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Facilitate client meetings, direct and escalate client requests to relevant internal teams, and solicit feedback and guidance from account managers to proactively solve complex issues.
- Maintain project management tools and trackers to monitor progress, facilitate team communication, and keep relevant stakeholders informed along the way.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior teammates’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels.
- Support project financial management by pulling and formatting monthly financial reports for account manager review, reviewing vendor invoices, and submitting payment requests with accurate coding and documentation.
- Support grant and contract management by setting up requests for proposals, conducting due diligence, overseeing the signatory process, drafting contract and grant agreements, submitting payments for disbursement, and reviewing contractor and grantee reports.
- Support human resources processes for employees of charitable projects, including processing new hires, gathering documentation, and responding to benefits questions.
- Contribute to department- and firm-wide process improvement efforts focused on the development and implementation of more efficient processes, systems, and technology.
Program Associate Profile:
While it is understood that no candidate will offer every desired skill and characteristic, the following offers a detailed, aspirational view of the ideal candidate profile:
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of two years of full-time work experience. If you do not yet have two years of full-time work experience, consider applying instead to our Program Assistant opening when it’s posted on our website
- High level of computer proficiency, particularly with the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience or demonstrated interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations and management
HOW TO APPLY
We are always on the lookout for new Program Associates and fill multiple openings over the course of the year. If you are interested in being considered for a Program Associate position, please submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for the job. We will review applications as they are received and contact you if you are selected to move forward in the process.