ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting directly to the senior manager, Foundation Services, the program administrative assistant (PAA) supports staff by (1) assisting program staff in carrying out administrative and program-related duties; (2) providing a wide range of administrative support including complex calendar management, travel coordination, meeting and event planning, and special projects as assigned; and (3) maintaining an informed, highly proactive and responsive relationship to the program staff both on-site and remotely.
Staff at all levels at RWJF are expected to demonstrate a passionate commitment to equity and the Foundation’s vision, values, and Guiding Principles.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage high-volume calendar requests including scheduling virtual appointments, conferences, webinars, booking conference rooms and larger department meetings.
- Coordinate staff travel arrangements and ensure staff is appropriately supported for trips: arrange travel; prepare itineraries; prepare and organize all background materials in advance; and track and submit expenses for reimbursement.
- Ensure staff travel profiles, bios, and memberships are current.
- Coordinate IT requests, supply requisitions, and building services requests.
- Manage visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail as needed.
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, charts, reports, and assist in special projects as assigned.
- Perform research by accessing information from RWJF’s Information Center, Program Information Management System (PIMS), Salesforce, intranet, the internet, and other resources.
- Act as an active note taker and synthesize notes for summary distribution as needed.
- Partner in the training of PAA colleagues during the onboarding process and as needed.
- Provide backup support for assigned PAAs and others, as needed.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to an associate’s degree from a two-year college, technical school, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts; working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Demonstrated excellence in calendar management via Outlook, including coordination of complex meetings and travel schedules for multiple people.
- Ability to coordinate travel with vendors with a focus on conserving resources.
- Experience with portable devices (e.g., iPad, iPhone) and general office equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of AV equipment and use of platforms such as RingCentral and Zoom is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding about organizational tools such as OneNote, Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft Teams is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Workday and Concur is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, requests, and individual work styles.
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs, and be proactive.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy with work, organizational skills, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent customer service orientation, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships.
- Understand impact of their work and adapt to change effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- May require some overtime, as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The PAA will perform job duties in a typical business office environment and may periodically work from a remote location. Specific physical abilities required by this job include operating basic office equipment. Will be required to attend meetings, potentially both on-site and off-site via phone or videoconference.