Note: As part of EPIP's response to COVID-19, our 2020 National Conference is being postponed until 2021 - learn more about our full response to COVID-19 here and thank you for your understanding.
Date: June 22 - 24, 2020
Location: San Diego, CA
Hotel: The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Our Theme and Programming Strands
The theme for our 2020 Conference is Sankofa: Reclaiming Our History to Reimagine Our Future. Sankofa is a West African concept that invites us to reach back to gather the best of what our past has taught us in order to reach our fullest potential as we move forward. During our time together we will reclaim forgotten narratives and histories to understand our present and help redefine the future of our sector and our communities.
Our conference framework is centered around three key ideas, reflecting the work of our sector and of social justice movements in the United States:
- Decolonizing Stories by elevating the forgotten histories of giving and philanthropy in communities of color;
- Disrupting the Status Quo by highlighting those who are pushing forward transformative work in the sector which is rooted in the knowledge and wisdom of communities of color; and
- Embracing Collective Approaches to Healing by viewing healing as an integral part of self-care to ensure one’s longevity and sustainability to continue in this work.
In the months to come, we will open registration, call for session proposals, and begin to unveil our programming. We look forward to taking this journey with you. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email us at email@example.com.
- Are you interested in supporting the conference? Download our prospectus for sponsorship information.
- Want to stay in the loop? Make sure you're on the EPIP email list.