The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation is New Hampshire’s statewide community foundation created by and for the people of New Hampshire. Of the more than 700 community foundations nationwide, the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation is among the oldest and largest. We manage a growing collection of 2,000 philanthropic funds created by generous individuals, families and businesses. These donors make it possible for the Foundation to award more than $60 million in grants and scholarships every year. We work with generous and visionary citizens to maximize the power of their giving, support great work happening in our communities and lead and collaborate on high-impact initiatives.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Investment Analyst is a member of the team responsible for managing the Foundation’s approximately $1 billion in assets. The team is led by the Foundation’s CIO/CFO, includes staff from the Finance and Community Engagement and Impact departments, and is supported by an investment consultant (Cambridge Associates). The Foundation manages over 50 investment portfolios spanning the spectrum from sustainable and impact-oriented investments to traditional investments.
The Analyst will be responsible for working with colleagues to (i) oversee and manage the Foundation’s investments, (ii) assess current and potential investment managers, (iii) prepare for and support volunteers and committees charged with governance of investments (Foundation’s board and investment committee), (iv) advance the Foundation’s sustainable and impact investment priorities and (v) complete related projects. The Foundation’s investment path is considered at the leading edge for community foundations nationally, and the Analyst will have the opportunity to be a strategic partner in this ongoing work.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Oversee and Manage the Foundation’s Investments
- In collaboration with the CIO/CFO, closely monitors the Foundation’s investment portfolios.
- Prepares portfolio updates and analytical reports.
- Works with CIO/CFO and Controller to support the quarterly close process and annual audit of investment valuations.
- Assists in preparation of portfolio investment performance, asset allocation, and risk reports.
- Oversees the Foundation’s advisor-managed investment program
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial models for analyzing the investment portfolio and its exposures, risk and cash flow profiles.
- Manages and maintains portfolio technology systems.
Assess Current and Potential investment managers and direct impact investments
- Leads and/or supports due diligence on new and existing investments
- Liaises with investment managers and the investment consultant.
- Captures and maintains manager and market data to support the manager close process for financial statement preparation.
- Prepares documents for managements&#39; signature including investment agreements and subscription and redemption documentation.
- Supports account maintenance activities including opening new accounts, address changes, online enrollment, etc.
Prepare for and support volunteers and committees charged with governance of investments (Foundation’s board and investment committee)
- Assists in preparation of portfolio investment performance, asset allocation, and risk reports
- Coordinates committee material preparation with the CIO/CFO.
Advance the Foundation’s sustainable and impact investment priorities
- Partner with the investment team to advance the Foundation’s sustainable and racial-equity lens investing goals.
- Works with both the Finance and Community Engagement and Impact departments to ensure integration of the Foundation’s impact themes into the Foundation’s investments.
- Participates in New Hampshire investment ecosystem of community development financing entities, banks, nonprofits, etc. to identify potential impact investments.
- Manages and monitors impact reporting for the Foundation’s investments.
- Identifies technology and process-improvement opportunities and leads implementation as needed.
- Provides research, analytical, and organizational support to the CIO/CFO for projects and ad hoc requests.
- Handles cash management activities including acting as a support for investment funding requests, monitoring cash balances and resolving issues as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience with investment management, banking or other relevant field.
- Experience with sustainable and impact investing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues and external contacts by building trust and credibility.
- Welcomes feedback as a means to personal and professional growth.
- Broad understanding of equity and social justice issues.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to the needs of the role.
- Strong computer skills in a variety of computer applications, including MS Office products, as well as advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Range for the Investment Analyst position is $78,000 to $82,000 - commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. The Foundation offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, and a resume by email to [email protected]. Please reference ‘Investment Analyst – (your name)’ in the subject line. A full job description may be found at www.nhcf.org.
The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation welcomes diversity and does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of factors such as race, color, sex, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, and veteran.