Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that currently partners with 42 independent private foundations. PFS provides substantial strategic expertise through a staffing model that enables foundations to each be more efficient and effective, choosing from a curated set of services including programmatic and strategic advice, grants management and compliance, financial management, board development and governance, communications, and a physical home. Our team includes 44 individuals who bring their diverse perspectives and experience from the nonprofit, philanthropic, and private sectors in service to the greater good. We value competence and camaraderie, and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
PFS is hiring a highly skilled administrative professional to serve multiple foundation clients. The Grants Manager is a critical member of the team and works to ensure the smooth operation of each client foundation. The Grants Manager is often the first point of contact for foundation clients and grantees; therefore, strong communication skills are required in addition to demonstrated organizational skills and teamwork.
Reports to: Director of Grants Management Hours: Full time, Non-exempt, M-F 8:30 – 5:00
- Coordinate grantmaking tasks between program, finance, and other administrative staff so that all foundation activities are smoothly implemented, including implementing improvements to processes;
- Coordinate communication among grantees, program officers, and foundation clients, including responding to mail, email, and telephone inquiries;
- Plan and coordinate foundation calendars and timelines, including application and report submission deadlines, and internal deadlines;
- With program staff, coordinate foundation meetings, including managing all meeting logistics;
- Prepare and copy edit meeting materials in collaboration with program staff;
- Maintain foundation websites with up-to-date content;
- Process grant applications and reports by reviewing online submissions for completeness and accuracy;
- Provide technical support to applicants, collect grantee feedback, make recommendations, and implement changes as needed to ensure a smooth and accessible application process;
- Maintain foundation grant records in the database, including tracking grantee payments and reporting requirements;
- Produce and distribute declination emails, award letters, and payments to grantees;
- Create and maintain physical and electronic files;
- With the Finance team, provide requested grant-related information for annual audits;
- Analyze applicant and foundation grantmaking histories and prepare charts and reports for board members, program staff, and outside organizations (e.g. Candid) as needed;
- Participate in Grants Management team learning and activities, including meetings and professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date on developments in the field and compliance requirements; and
- Undertake special projects as assigned or initiated.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to Justine Duong, Human Resources Generalist, [email protected] with the subject line “SF GM Application.”
Application Deadline: Sep 5, 2023
No phone calls, please.
Hiring Process and Timeline:
- Phone interview to discuss general qualifications and give more detail about the position scheduled early September
- Zoom interview scheduled in mid-September
- In person final interview – mid-September
- Ideal start date planned for early October