The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF; the Foundation), located in Princeton, N.J., is the largest philanthropy in America dedicated solely to health. Since 1972, we have focused on developing and promoting innovations in health and healthcare to improve the lives of millions. In partnership with others, we are working toward a nation that is rooted in equity, compassion, and respect; a nation that provides everyone in America a fair and just opportunity to thrive, no matter who they are, where they live, or how much money they have. This requires addressing many harmful obstacles to wellbeing, including poverty, powerlessness, and discrimination.
We take seriously our responsibilities, and we pledge to work in ways that reflect our Guiding Principles. These are rooted in equity and influence everything we do at RWJF. Equity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration allow our staff’s wide range of experiences, passions, and perspectives to enrich our work and strengthen our ability to address our nation’s most pressing health issues. Our efforts to build a Culture of Health and achieve health equity require us to dismantle structural racism and other barriers to health. Part of this work includes actively shaping a multicultural, inclusive, antiracist organization where all staff thrive as we build and use our capabilities, voice, and power to advance health equity. The Foundation offers a collaborative, collegial, and creative work environment. With a career at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, you will make a difference.
ABOUT THE POSITION
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Creative Lead, the designer is responsible for providing design support and guidance on both externally facing Foundation-level communications as well as key internally facing communications. The designer is a mid-level creative who listens well and translates creative briefs into on-brand visuals and is an internal design expert for the Foundation and its agency partners. The designer helps bring to life the Foundation’s Culture of Health vision, advance the Strategic Portfolios’ objectives, and ensure that the Foundation leverages our brand for maximum impact. The designer will use their expertise to advance the Foundation’s brand through outstanding design talents and the ability to guide others.
As with staff at all levels of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the designer is expected to demonstrate a passionate commitment to equity, to the Foundation’s mission, and its Guiding Principles.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide graphic design products for the Foundation, inclusive of external, internal, and executive communications.
- Support the creative vision for the Foundation’s refreshed brand and aid in the rollout of the brand guidelines across the Foundation, the Foundation’s platforms, and the communications ecosystem of firms.
- Serve as an internal design expert by collaborating with colleagues and communications firms in brainstorming, conceptualizing, and creating dynamic creative strategies for Foundation and program-related initiatives.
- Maintain and contribute to a roster of field-leading creatives who can be key resources and partners in fully realizing and implementing the refreshed brand.
- Along with the Creative Lead, manage visual consistency and brand integrity across Foundation-wide program portfolios and teams, and grantee and partner communications initiatives and products.
- Provide operational support by managing and tracking projects, and photo and creative databases.
- Stay current on creative, marketing, and digital trends and techniques, and identify opportunities to take big swings, be innovative, and push the Foundation’s brand.
- Manage budgets and timelines to ensure that all deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
$79,000 to $83,000.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply.