Care to make a difference in the world? Have you always wanted to use your skills and professional experience for the greater good? Are you a strong team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment? Then we want to hear from you!
At the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles, you’ll be part of a mission-driven team committed to helping philanthropists realize their charitable passions and maximize their giving. Your work will also be critical to our institutional grantmaking, where we give millions to hundreds of nonprofits annually, helping them and those they serve to thrive. The Foundation is committed to creating and maintaining a working environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming and it is the Foundation’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Manager of Grants Administration, the Grants Management Associate position will focus on processing Donor Advised Fund grant recommendations and assisting with The Foundation’s annual discretionary grant-making application process. With annual grant-making exceeding $100 million, the ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced and high volume environment with a keen attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines. This is a non-exempt, union position.
Responsibilities: Daily responsibilities will include:
- Grant Processing
- Accurately and efficiently, process grant recommendations from submission to disbursement. This includes preparing and coding grants, data entry, research, and due diligence, generating award letters, mailing grants, and maintaining records.
- Ensure grants comply with current IRS charitable giving guidelines and Foundation specific practices.
- Research and collect pertinent documents from grantees and/or external sources.
- Follow up with charities or donors on missing/incomplete information or anomalies, and assist with special handling and unique situations.
- Handle confidential information with complete discretion.
- Assist with identifying issues and improvements to the grant-making process.
- Maintain effective work relationships by handling peer, interdepartmental, and
management interactions in a positive, respectful, and collaborative manner.• Other duties as assigned.
- Discretionary grant-making process
- Using a diverse array of software platforms, assist in processing grants through
their life cycle (from request to grant close). This includes assisting program staff
with creating and modifying database records, tracking workflow, preparing check
backup, and generating correspondence (award, decline letters).
- Assist program staff with preparation and disbursement of grant agreements and amendments, and the review of requests for deadline extensions and other grant related changes and updates.
- Communicate with grantees and Foundation accounting staff to ensure proper and timely handling of audit and check replacement requests.
HOW TO APPLY