Chicago Foundation for Women (CFW) is a public foundation working to advance gender equity, which we believe to be inherently interconnected with racial, economic, and health equity. CFW envisions a world in which all women and girls, transgender, and gender nonbinary people have the opportunity to thrive in safe, just, and healthy communities. We celebrate the spectrum of identities and experiences of women and girls, uplift their leadership and center the voices of the community to achieve true equity. To support our philanthropy, the Foundation promotes increased investment in women and girls, raises awareness about their issues and potential, and develops them as leaders and philanthropists. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded over $45 million to hundreds of organizations that help achieve its mission of gender equity across the Chicago region.
CFW looks at the broad spectrum of needs of all women. We support the areas of freedom from violence, economic security, and access to health, which we see as integrally related and are paths forward toward an equitable society.
Chicago Foundation for Women (CFW) is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution. The Foundation is in the midst of change, from an institution that tolerates racial and identity differences to one that excites these differences as powerful tools for systemic, anti-racist change. CFW is committed to engaging in continual analysis and essential restructuring to ensure the Foundation’s way of being is one that wields a shared power and holds itself accountable to racially oppressed groups to achieve its gender equity goal.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Manager of Database and Development serves as the primary administrator of the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database, ensuring data accuracy, reporting, integrity and long-term health. This position works closely with CFW leadership, the Development team and volunteer fundraisers to maintain the infrastructure and accountability metrics needed for the strategic solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of donors with the goal of increased revenue to support CFW’s mission.
How the Manager of Database and Development Breaks Down:
Database Management (60%)
- Oversee all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge database, including regular and custom queries and reports, list maintenance, institutional data entry, and other essential database functions.
- Interpret development data and produce assets to glean insights and help the CDO develop appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Track progress and goals on behalf of the Development Department, working closely with Finance on monthly reconciliation and with the CDO noting giving trends and projections to inform fundraising strategies.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Events Marketing and CDO to oversee the development of the annual fall and spring appeal campaigns; provide lists and segmentation strategies for online communications.
- Create and manage all campaign-related data entry, analysis and reporting in collaboration with the Individual Giving and Campaign Manager (IGCM).
- Oversee access to and use of the development information systems, including all aspects of data maintenance, staff training, security and integrity audits, and record-keeping.
- Train Raiser’s Edge users and assist staff with construction of queries, exports and reports; regularly audit data entry standards and procedures to ensure quality and make recommendations for improvement.
- Troubleshoot data and systems questions and proactively identify process issues and suggest solutions.
- Serve as liaison with systems vendors for issues including installation, upgrades and patches, special projects or performance.
- Perform other development and administrative duties as assigned.
Development Strategy and Support (30%)
- Develop long-term strategy for data segmentation, targeting, research and solutions required to support long-term growth of donor stewardship and cultivation process.
- Supervise the donor acknowledgment process and Foundation stewardship calendar to ensure accurate and timely donor communication; oversee creation of all acknowledgment letters (handled by the Development Associate).
- In coordination with portfolio managers, manage prospect moves management system through Raiser’s Edge, and all relevant data entry and reporting.
- Attend and actively participate in required educational programs and departmental and staff meetings.
- Protect CFW’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Support and affirm the Foundation’s anti-racism work by participating in workshops and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. Interested applicants should email a cover letter articulating how their skills and experience meet the responsibilities noted above with a resume to [email protected].
o Subject line should read: Your Name + Manager of Database and Development
o No phone calls please
CFW seeks to fill this position as soon as possible and will work actively to build a diverse pool of candidates.