Community Heart & Soul is a resident-driven process that engages the entire population of a town in identifying what they love most about their community, what future they want for it, and how to achieve it. Developed and field-tested over a decade in partnership with over 100 small cities and towns across America, Community Heart & Soul is a proven process for engaging a community in shaping its future.
The Community Heart & Soul organization is focused on expanding our namesake program to include hundreds of additional small cities and towns across the country. The Training Manager plays an important role in helping us achieve this objective.
The Community Heart & Soul Training Team, comprised of a Senior Director of Training and four Training Managers, supports the work of a national network of Certified Heart & Soul Coaches. The Training Team works collaboratively to execute training events, revise and continuously improve training curriculum, and provide ongoing support to Heart & Soul Coaches as they work with communities to implement the Community Heart & Soul model.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Community Heart & Soul Coach Training, Mentoring and Assessing: The Training Team delivers a comprehensive training program for Community Heart & Soul Coaches that integrates formal instruction, collaborative learning, and field experience. All members of the Training Team play an important role in the successful execution of the Community Heart & Soul Coach Training Program.
- Facilitate all aspects of the Community Heart & Soul Coach Training Program both in-person and virtually, using the Community Heart & Soul training curriculum
- Guide and support Heart & Soul Coaches (this includes frequent Zoom meetings, phone calls, and in-person meetings) in their knowledge and understanding of Community Heart & Soul and their work with Heart & Soul communities
- Utilize assessment tools and provide constructive feedback and direction for Heart & Soul Coaches during their field experience in a Heart & Soul community
- Co-facilitate training alongside Coaches in Heart & Soul communities, modeling effective facilitation and a command of the Community Heart & Soul training curriculum
Community Heart & Soul Marketing and Promotion: The Training Team also works with Heart & Soul Coaches as they conduct in-person introductory meetings with residents and town officials in prospective Heart & Soul communities and at regional events.
- Guide and support Heart & Soul Coaches to market and promote the program benefits of the Community Heart & Soul model to prospective towns, moving them from awareness to consideration and adoption
- Create, strengthen and maintain relationships with prospective and existing Partners, Coaches, and communities in new and existing market areas
Community Heart & Soul Program Support: The Training Team conducts programs to support the national network of Heart & Soul Coaches as well as over 100 Heart & Soul communities.
- Support the design, administration and facilitation of a National Communities of Practice for Coaches and Heart & Soul towns
- Manage communication with the Community Heart & Soul Coach Network, including the creation of a quarterly newsletter and management of a virtual discussion forum
- Manage a system for Heart & Soul communities to track their outcomes and achievements while they implement the Community Heart & Soul model. (This includes developing orientation materials for community onboarding, creating infographics and reports, and managing the data input process.)
- Provide feedback, assist in revising content, and contribute to training revision cycles for the Community Heart & Soul training curriculum
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Experience in the field of community development, planning, organizing, and/or education
- Passion and dedication for engaging diverse groups to make a positive difference in small cities and towns
- Experience with virtual facilitation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on listening to understand
- Coaching/mentoring mindset demonstrating the ability to develop, build and maintain positive relationships
- Team-oriented, with an ability and desire to collaborate through co-designing, co-facilitating, co-mentoring, and co-learning
- Well-organized and able to track, prioritize and advance initiatives involving multiple people and organizations
In addition to the above, it is advantageous to have skills and experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with evaluation, community outcomes measurement, and database management
- Familiarity with learning management systems and virtual learning platforms
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software (Salesforce)
Ability to travel by plane and car for 4-6 days/month on average
The Community Heart & Soul office is in Shelburne, VT. This can be a remote position.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply.