Washington Area Women’s Foundation is a community-supported foundation that invests in the power of women and girls of color across the Washington, DC metropolitan region. Women and girls of color make change happen. While too often unsung, the work of women and girls of color have advanced human rights and gender, racial, and economic justice in our communities for decades. The Women’s Foundation believes that by increasing resources to, and recognizing the leadership of, women and girls of color, they will ignite needed change.
To advance our mission and theory of change, we are:
- Grant makers - We make grants to organizations that are actively pursuing gender, racial, and economic justice, and we award women and girls of color directly.
- Advocates - We center the voices and lived experiences of women and girls of color to influence policymakers and the local philanthropic sector to advance systems and institutional change with a gender, racial, and economic justice lens.
Our current investments and advocacy efforts focus on:
- Early Care and Education (Early Care and Education Funders Collaborative)
- Safety and Violence Prevention (Stand Together Fund)
- Young Women and Gender-expansive Youth of Color (Young Women’s Initiative)
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Women’s Foundation is seeking to hire a Development Manager. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager will work as part of the development team to implement the development plan and strategies to ensure that the organization reaches its annual revenue target and is working toward its long-term fundraising goals.
- Have expertise in Raiser’s Edge;
- Have hands-on experience cultivating and soliciting senior level executives, donors and community leaders;
- Can create and maximize special events that further The Women’s Foundation’s position and achieve revenue goals;
- Are an energetic, flexible, self-directed team player with a direct, honest and respectful approach to problem solving;
- Have the ability to foster collaboration and contribute to a strong sense of community among staff, board, constituents, and colleagues outside The Women’s Foundation; Page 2 2 ● Have proven success growing fundraising results and are ready to build your skills in a growing department;
- Thrive when working under deadlines, have strong project, time, and budget management skills, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing attention to detail.
Then you are our ideal Development Manager!
The salary range for this position is up to $70,000. The Women’s Foundation compensation package also includes comprehensive, 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, generous paid time off, and flexible work hours within a 36-hour work week.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. PLEASE EMAIL RÉSUMÉ AND COVER LETTER TO: [email protected] with Development Manager in the subject line.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with