Washington Area Women’s Foundation is a community-supported foundation that invests in the power of women and girls of color across the Washington, DC metropolitan region. Women and girls of color make change happen. While too often unsung, the work of women and girls of color have advanced human rights and gender, racial, and economic justice in our communities for decades. The Women’s Foundation believes that by increasing resources to, and recognizing the leadership of, women and girls of color, they will ignite needed change. To advance our mission and theory of change, we are:
- Grant makers - We make grants to organizations that are actively pursuing gender, racial, and economic justice, and we award women and girls of color directly.
- Advocates - We center the voices and lived experiences of women and girls of color to influence policymakers and the local philanthropic sector to advance systems and institutional change with a gender, racial, and economic justice lens.
Our current investments and advocacy efforts focus on:
- Early Care and Education (Early Care and Education Funders Collaborative)
- Safety and Violence Prevention (Stand Together Fund)
- Young Women and Gender-expansive Youth of Color (Young Women’s Initiative)
ABOUT THE POSITION
Note that although all foundation employees are telecommuting (working from home), we meet together as a staff intermittently, and the Development Associate must reside in the greater-Washington, DC area.
The Women’s Foundation is seeking to hire a Development Associate. Reporting to the Development Manager, this position will work as part of the development team to implement the development plan and strategies to ensure that the organization reaches its annual revenue target and is working toward its long-term fundraising goals. This position will be part of a new development department of two other team members with plans to expand to six in a few years. The team will drive a significant increase in funding to include more unrestricted giving through the solicitation of individual major gifts, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
The Development Associate will be responsible for effectively managing the administrative and operational aspects of a growing annual giving program and the accompanying database of donors. The associate will execute multiple direct mail and e-appeals, online fundraising and social media campaigns in conjunction with the communications team, reporting and analysis, list management, and relationship management. The Associate will work closely with the Director of Development on the major gift program, particularly in relation to prospect research and donor stewardship.
The responsibilities of the Development Associate will include, but is not limited, to:
- Organize, produce, and maintain annual fund materials, communications, and data
- In collaboration with the Development and Communications leadership, implement consistent donor communications to share inspiring updates on the foundation’s work
- Oversee timely donor acknowledgements and thank you letters
- Maintain an accurate donor database ensuring appropriate tracking and accounting of gifts and donor notes
- Work with Director of Development and Development Manager to support their activities in the mid- major gifts program, including prospect research, drafting outreach, and gift acknowledgement
- Prepare monthly giving reports for Development Manager and Director of Development
- Act as an external face for the organization to engage volunteers and donors
- As needed, work with Board Members to manage small and mid-sized events and receptions to steward donors and acquire prospects
- Support foundation grant proposal submissions and reporting, as needed.
- Strong command of donor database management and advanced computer skills — experience with Raiser’s Edge and RENXT is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of annual fund or related experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, including excellent interpersonal, networking, and presentation skills
- Effectively use Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc. to promote ideas and events
The salary range for this position is up to $50,000. The Women’s Foundation compensation package also includes comprehensive, 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, generous paid time off, and flexible work hours within a 36-hour work week.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. PLEASE EMAIL RÉSUMÉ AND COVER LETTER TO: [email protected] with Development Associate in the subject line.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with