Stop The Wait RI is a 501(c)(4) social welfare nonprofit working to amplify parent voices, build community power, and successfully advocate for the conditions that will create the best educational landscape for our children.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Startup 501(c)(4) social welfare nonprofit Stop The Wait RI seeks a founding Political Director to support our mission to amplify parent voices, build community power, and successfully advocate for the conditions that will create the best educational landscape for our children.
Stop The Wait RI’s Political Director is charged with developing voter registration, education, and turn out strategies. They will also track local races and candidates and make informed expenditure recommendations to the CEO.
The Political Director, under the direction of the CEO, advances Stop The Wait RI’s mission by coordinating electoral programs, developing and managing candidate pipelines, and supporting fundraising activities.
OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the organization’s candidate and campaigner pipeline development program
- Plan, implement, and evaluate voter engagement and political program
- Represent Stop The Wait RI at partner, coalition, and stakeholder meetings.
- Partner with the Stop The Wait RI’s communications staff to accurately and persuasively project the organization’s political goals and messages
- Provide high-level strategic advice to CEO on program development including long-term electoral strategy
- Manage organizational candidate endorsement process, including analysis of district information, candidate alignment, and campaign aptitude in order to make endorsement and expenditure recommendations to the CEO
- Write and implement campaign plans for electoral activities and issue campaigns
- In partnership with the CEO staff the organization’s affiliated political action committee, including fundraising and compliance support
- Contribute to successful political campaigns as needed via embedded consulting
- Supervise development of integrated campaign marketing activity based on voter data segments
- Ensure campaign implementation follows organizational guidelines and state requirements
- Track and catalog campaign polling, competitive reports, and ads;
- Compile regular reports of campaign performance and results
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A demonstrated commitment to ensuring access to high-quality school options for every student in Rhode Island
- Demonstrated experience in electoral, civic engagement, or political campaigns, with some relevant connection to candidate politics;
- A strong political network and relationships with leaders within Rhode Island’s political landscape preferred;
- Experience working across departments or teams within an organization;
- Experience managing large scale political or voter engagement campaigns;
- Experience developing or managing a candidate endorsement process;
- Experience working with a PAC would be beneficial, but not necessary;
- Familiarity with political data, technologies, and best practices in the field;
- Independent and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work within a coalition of diverse organizations and partners;
- Experience working in diverse communities and with grassroots organizations;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Results-focused and organized;
- Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently; and
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Bachelor&#39;s degree preferred
Motivation and ability to work long hours and weekends during election season, to responsively manage stakeholders at all levels, to take ownership of projects, and exercise strong judgment in tough and time-sensitive situations.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $74,000 - $84,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. We are committed to making an equitable offer, which includes a comprehensive benefits package. We offer all employees health and dental insurance options, and paid professional development opportunities.
This is a hybrid role based in Providence, Rhode Island; candidates from outside Rhode Island willing to relocate should also apply. Our team works from our homes and in the field, with regular in-person meetings, events, and other obligations in and around greater Providence.
Job Type: Full-time,
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Government Affairs: 3 years (Required)
- Campaign Management: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter that responds to the questions below to [email protected]
What makes you a great potential fit for this role?
Why are you interested in advancing the mission of Stop The Wait RI?
We recognize the power and significance of having a diverse team that represents the communities our work impacts. We encourage candidates who are members of historically marginalized communities to apply. Stop The Wait RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
What makes you a great potential fit for this role?
Why are you interested in advancing the mission of Stop The Wait RI