Coro Southern California is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization focused on cultivating the next generation of diverse leaders through hands-on, collaborative, cross-sectoral learning. With substantive programs for youth, recent college graduates, and professionals, we cultivate emergent leaders at all stages of their lives and careers. Graduates come away from Coro with a deeper understanding of how the region works, the leadership skills to contribute to its success, and a network of engaged and influential alumni to help them reach their goals.
Coro is a collaborative community with a shared belief that a single person, with the right knowledge, skills, and network, can make Southern California a better place for all who live and work here.
ABOUT THE POSITION
About the Position
Coro’s Director of Development and Communications designs, implements, and maintains Coro’s new and existing development strategies and manages marketing and communications across the organization. This position reports to the President and CEO.
Fundraising and Stakeholder Management
- Oversee and manage all institutional grants, individual giving, major gifts, fundraising campaigns, event-based donations, program-related fundraising efforts, and in-kind contributions.
- Serve as head grant writer, working with the program team, growth team, and the
President and CEO to write and submit grant proposals, reports, and updates.
- Serve as lead for the production of Coro’s fundraising events, including the annual Gala, annual Women in Leadership Luncheon, and other fundraising events.
- Identify new prospective donors and organizational partners.
- Engage in the cultivation and stewardship process of new and existing funders,
stakeholders, and partners.
- Work across departments to design Coro’s Annual Report and other impact
- Design and implement strategies for all fundraising campaigns, including Coro’s annual year-end campaign, calling campaigns, etc.
- Manage donor communications.
Board of Directors
- Serve as the main staff liaison with Coro’s Board of Directors and Honorary Board.
- Plan and coordinate all Board meetings, events, and other informal Board gatherings.
- Oversee and lead Coro’s marketing and communications.
- Serve as main liaison between Coro staff and third party contractors, including graphic designer and webmaster.
- Manage Coro’s newsletter and social media calendar.
- Make content edits to Coro website as needed.
- Support program and growth teams with marketing and communication needs.
- Manage Coro’s social media accounts.
- BA or BS Degree required
- Advanced experience in fundraising, grant writing, event management, and relationship cultivation and stewardship
- Experience working with high profile individuals and managing multiple stakeholder requests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable with autonomy and directing own work
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Knowledge and experience with Coro Programs or other leadership training is highly desirable
Coro is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBTQ+ communities.
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $100,000.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. (To apply, please send a cover email and your resume to [email protected]. Please use the subject line: “Director, Development and Communications: [Your Name]