For more than 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned to preserve forests, protect the climate and uphold human rights by challenging corporate power and systemic injustice through research, education, partnerships, non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, strategic campaigns and communications. We are committed to working with Indigenous and frontline communities directly impacted by profit-driven systems of injustice. In partnership with allies from around the world, RAN challenges corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt policies that reduce their contributions to climate change. RAN is committed to doing what is necessary, not only what is politically feasible.
ABOUT THE POSITION
RAN is looking for a motivated, passionate, tenacious and collaborative individual to support our Forests & Finance Campaign Team as a Senior Campaigner. The core responsibility for this position is to plan and execute public campaigns to halt the financial sector’s role in perpetuating exploitative forest-risk commodity production, and to divert investment into socially and environmentally just practices. The Forests & Finance Campaign operates globally, in close coordination with RAN staff and allied organizations working across North America, South America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. Remote working / flexible location will be considered for this position. The position will report to RAN’s Campaign Director for Forests & Finance.
- Design campaign and advocacy strategies in collaboration with other staff and partner organizations.
- Lead the execution of public campaign work on the financial sector in support of agreed campaign objectives.
- Maintain an active network with established and potential allied groups in key forest and financial sector jurisdictions.
- Support work with impacted Indigenous communities in collaboration with other staff and allied organizations.
- Represent RAN as a spokesperson with media and at public events.
- Maintain a network of financial sector contacts as well as lead engagement and negotiations with corporate and political targets.
- Conduct, commission and present research on relevant issues pertaining to financial sector involvement in forest-risk commodity production.
- Stay abreast of key developments in the financial sector, internationally as well as in key national jurisdictions, as it relates to forest-risk commodity production.
- Author campaign materials, including briefings, reports, blogs and presentations suitable for a variety of audiences.
- In conjunction with the Communications and Digital teams, design, create and use a range of communications tools (direct actions, direct communication, traditional and social media, briefing sheets, and other tools) to communicate with target audiences and to achieve campaign objectives.
- Coordinate and manage logistical arrangements for various campaign activities, including information gathering and facilitation, physical trips for the project team and key stakeholders.
$75,000 - $85,000
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. Please use the link to submit a resume and cover letter.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with