The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF; the Foundation), located in Princeton, N.J., is the largest philanthropy in America dedicated solely to health. Since 1972, we have focused on developing and promoting innovations in health and healthcare to improve the lives of millions. In partnership with others, we are working toward a nation that is rooted in equity, compassion, and respect. A nation that provides everyone in America a fair and just opportunity to thrive, no matter who they are, where they live, or how much money they have. This requires addressing many harmful obstacles to well-being, including poverty, powerlessness, and discrimination.
We take seriously our responsibilities, and we pledge to work in ways that reflect our Guiding Principles. These are rooted in equity and influence everything we do at RWJF. Equity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration allow our staff’s wide range of experiences, passions, and perspectives to enrich our work and strengthen our ability to address our nation’s most pressing health issues. The Foundation offers a collaborative, collegial, and creative work environment. With a career at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, you will make a difference.
ABOUT THE POSITION
All members of the Pioneering Ideas for an Equitable Future Team engage in work to Discover, Explore, Learn and Share Cutting Edge Ideas and Emerging Trends. The Program Associate Devotes 50% of their time to support team functioning.
Here are tasks in each area that are specific to the Program Associate role.
- Support the team in discovery of pioneering models, approaches and designs that have the potential to improve health equity.
- Review and offer constructive critiques of brief (2 page) proposals.
- Support and manage specific calls for proposals.
- Assist team with network strategy, including development, tracking and engagement.
- Engage with the ideas with others as presented in the Salesforce Platform
- Assist team members in project development, monitoring, and convening as assigned by the team director.
- Facilitate communications between grantees and staff from across the foundation to address questions or concerns.
- Make connections among grantees funded through the Pioneering Ideas team and between Pioneering Ideas grantees and other RWJF grantees.
- Support internal and external efforts to learn from bodies of Pioneering Ideas team investments.
- Work with team members to create experiential learning experiences to help others gain insights from pioneering ideas programming.
- Network with Foundation staff to learn how the Pioneering Ideas team might direct its explorations to address key needs of other teams and themes.
- Synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language
- Assist team members and other staff with development of web content as needed.
- Connect non-Pioneering Ideas team RWJF staff with the work of the team using in person meetings and Salesforce.
- Prepare materials for foundation’s board of trustees and senior leadership,
- Maintain shared folders and workspaces for the team
- Plan meetings with grantees and other partners.
- Assist team director with administrative and facilitation tasks, as needed.
- Help team track progress on discovery, exploration, learning and sharing of key emerging trends and program grants
- Monitor Pioneering Ideas email In-Box and answer applicant questions.
- Work with Grants Management Coordinator and Program Financial Analyst to ensure pipeline is up to date.
- Assist team with miscellaneous administrative and facilitation tasks, as needed.
- Prepare for team meetings and participate in team discussions and design and facilitate team discussions and retreats as needed.
- Take and synthesize notes from select discussions.
- Represent the team at external meetings and conferences, at the discretion of the team director.
- Collect and analyze data about team performance to guide process improvement on an ongoing basis and displays data as an annual exercise.
- Help team director set and track progress against team goals, including equity goals.
- Suggest ways the team director can foster engagement and progress.
- Coordinate with Communications team to update and tweak proposal intake process to optimize quality of applications receive.
$69,000 - $70,000 / annually
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with