Griffith Observatory Foundation is the exclusive non-profit partner of Griffith
Observatory, which is owned and operated by the City of Los Angeles, Recreation and Parks Department. Our mission is to support and promote Griffith Observatory as a home for science literacy, education, and public astronomy through resource development and advocacy in partnership with the community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Title: Associate Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time (exempt)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
This passionate and enthusiastic fundraiser will serve as the lead for Development
activities, responsible for developing and implementing cultivation, solicitation and
stewardship strategies. The Associate Director of Development (ADOD) will manage a major gifts portfolio of donors, oversee the Legacy Giving program and manage the Annual Giving and Membership Manager.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of donors and prospects to drive the
growth of the major giving program, known as the Vanguard Society.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive cultivation and stewardship plan,
building relationships with major donors, maintaining an active schedule of
personal interactions including phone calls, visits, and initiating one-on-one
engagement and solicitation opportunities with donors.
- Cultivate prospects to join the Infinity Society (Legacy Giving Program).
- Solicit gifts of $1,000 - $10,000.
- Manage a direct report, Annual Giving and Membership Manager.
- Coordinate with Administrative Services to identify, qualify and manage prospects.
- Provide guidance over the maintenance of selected relationship management
records for data/gift/donor stewardship including accurate, detailed records of
donor outreach and donor giving history.
- Collaborate to implement and execute regular cultivation and engagement
opportunities with donors both onsite and offsite.
Program planning and implementation
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director, create and
implement an annual plan for a multi-channel Giving Program designed to meet
the needs of the organization.
- Support Board Members with their participation in fundraising activities.
- Produce progress and financial reports for the Executive Director and Board of
- Use Blackbaud Altru database to track activities and pull reports.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications, consultants, and other members of the team as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
$80 - $90K
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply.