The Health & Environment Funders Network (HEFN) is a national membership network of over sixty foundations, donors, and philanthropic advisors interested in improving health, environmental, and equity outcomes. Our mission is to mobilize philanthropy around solutions for environmental health and justice issues. HEFN’s close-knit community invests over $200 million a year to build the power of the environmental health and justice movement, prioritizing support for affected communities and diverse organizations, at the grassroots, across the United States, and globally.
Our day-to-day work is to create experiences and resources that support funder learning, networking, and collaboration, enabling our members to make collective and better-informed impact. We are valued by our members for being nimble and responsive to emerging issues; for our caring and supportive environment; and for embracing equity and belonging.
We are BIPOC woman-led, majority BIPOC staffed and queer-trans embracing. Our small but mighty team of four works remotely and collaborates virtually from across the country. As a nonprofit, HEFN operates through a Joint Plan of Work with Virginia Organizing, a 501c(3) organization that accepts and manages funds on our behalf. Our work is guided by a national Steering Committee, currently eight leaders from HEFN’s membership.
ABOUT THE POSITION
You’re a passionate organizer, systems thinker, and savvy communicator who knows that true social change is grounded in relationships. You believe that everyone deserves to live, work, and learn in healthy homes, schools, and communities, and understand that philanthropic investment in the communities shouldering the worst environmental harms leads to effective solutions. You have a knack for positively influencing others, adept at working with and around bureaucracy to help people take meaningful action.
HEFN is only as impactful as its members; the Member Engagement Manager is a new role with the goal of keeping our funder partners updated, invested and aligned around our collective work. You’ll do this through a variety of virtual touchpoints, in-person convenings, and ongoing communications channels. HEFN’s staff is highly collaborative. You will work closely with HEFN’s staff and member leaders on key areas of work such as Member Engagement Strategies, Relationship Building, Communications and Storytelling for Engagement, Event and Meeting Coordination and Membership Operations.
To be successful in this role, these minimum qualifications are essential:
- Five to seven years’ experience in relationship management, member engagement, or community organizing.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A working knowledge of social media platforms and email/listserv databases
- A working familiarity with foundations and the philanthropic system
- Self-directed with strong organizational skills
- Emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and willingness to model vulnerability
- Sensitivity to power dynamics within our member organizations and the communities we support
- Strong grounding in the principles and practice of equity, justice and anti-racism.
Additional skills that we value, but do not require:
- Visual storytelling ability and technical skills (e.g., Canva)
- Ability to facilitate and/or write persuasively in a language other than English
- Experience working with news media and culturally specific media outlets
See link below for full job description
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. Please see link above for full job description
Hiring process and timeline:
- Please submit your resume, brief writing sample (1-2 pages), and something to show us who you really are! It’s your choice – that could be a written summary or a video cover letter, or whatever showcases your passion for the work you&#39;d be doing. Using the subject line “ Member Engagement Manager,” send those materials to [email protected] Please include your name on any attachments. No phone calls, please.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will be open until filled.
- We will review resumes from mid-August through mid-September and anticipate conducting phone interviews before the end of September. Shortly thereafter, those selected to advance in the hiring process will be invited to a one-hour video interview with our hiring committee. Finalists will be invited to a second one-hour interview.
- This position would ideally start ASAP before November 2023.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with