Washington Area Women’s Foundation is a community-supported foundation that invests in the power of women and girls of color across the Washington, DC metropolitan region.
Women and girls of color make change happen. While too often unsung, the work of women and girls of color have advanced human rights and gender, racial, and economic justice in our communities for decades. The Women’s Foundation believes that by increasing resources to, and recognizing the leadership of, women and girls of color, they will ignite needed change.
To advance our mission and theory of change, we are:
- Grant makers - We make grants to organizations that are actively pursuing gender, racial, and economic justice, and we award women and girls of color directly.
- Advocates - We center the voices and lived experiences of women and girls of color to influence policymakers and the local philanthropic sector to advance systems and institutional change with a gender, racial, and economic justice lens.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Development Associate will be responsible for effectively managing the administrative and operational aspects of a growing annual giving program and the accompanying database of donors. The associate will execute multiple direct mail and e-appeals, online fundraising and
social media campaigns in conjunction with the communications team, reporting and analysis, list management, and relationship management. The Associate will work closely with the Director of Development on the major gift program, particularly in relation to prospect research and donor stewardship.
The responsibilities of the Development Associate will include, but is not limited, to:
- Organize, produce, and maintain annual fund materials, communications, and data
- In collaboration with the Development and Communications leadership, implement consistent donor communications to share inspiring updates on the foundation’s work
- Oversee timely donor acknowledgements and thank you letters
- Maintain an accurate donor database ensuring appropriate tracking and accounting of gifts and donor notes
- Work with Director of Development and Development Manager to support their activities in the mid- major gifts program, including prospect research, drafting outreach, and gift acknowledgement
- Prepare monthly giving reports for Development Manager and Director of Development
Up to $50,000 with excellent benefits, including a 36-hour workweek
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with