Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that currently partners with 40 independent private foundations. PFS provides substantial strategic expertise through a staffing model that enables foundations to each be more efficient and effective, choosing from a curated set of services including programmatic and strategic advice, grants management and compliance, financial management, board development and governance, communications, and a physical home. Our team includes 41 individuals who bring their diverse perspectives and experience from the nonprofit, philanthropic, and private sectors in service to the greater good. We value competence and camaraderie, and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
PFS is hiring a highly skilled administrative professional to serve multiple foundation clients. The Grants Manager is a critical member of the team and works to ensure the smooth operation of each client foundation. The Grants Manager is often the first point of contact for foundation clients and grantees; therefore, strong communication skills are required in addition to demonstrated organizational skills and teamwork. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), nonexempt.
- Coordinate grantmaking tasks between program, finance, and other administrative staff so that all foundation activities are smoothly implemented, including implementing improvements to processes;
- Coordinate communication among grantees, program officers, and foundation clients, including responding to mail, email, and telephone inquiries;
- Plan and coordinate foundation calendars and timelines, including application and report submission deadlines, and internal deadlines;
- With program staff, coordinate foundation meetings, including managing all meeting logistics;
- Prepare and copy edit meeting materials in collaboration with program staff;
- Maintain foundation websites with up-to-date content;
- Process grant applications and reports by reviewing online submissions for completeness and accuracy;
- Provide technical support to applicants, collect grantee feedback, make recommendations, and implement changes as needed to ensure a smooth and accessible application process;
- Maintain foundation grant records in the database, including tracking grantee payments and reporting requirements;
- Produce and distribute declination emails, award letters, and payments to grantees;
- Create and maintain physical and electronic files;
- With the Finance team, provide requested grant-related information for annual audits;
- Analyze applicant and foundation grantmaking histories and prepare charts and reports for board members, program staff, and outside organizations (e.g. Candid) as needed;
- Participate in Grants Management team learning and activities, including meetings and professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date on developments in the field and compliance requirements; and
- Undertake special projects as assigned or initiated.
$74,000 - $83,000, DOE
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to Wendy Yu Einhorn, Director of Grants Management/Administrator, [email protected] with the subject line “SF GM Application.” Application Deadline: September 15, 2022 No phone calls, please. Pacific Foundation Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information and characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. All final candidates must provide three relevant employment references, and be able to verify the right to work in the United States.). SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES NEEDED
- Minimum of three years’ substantive administrative experience. Experience in philanthropy and/or the nonprofit sector preferred;
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications;
- Strong interpersonal skills, tolerance, flexibility, and humor;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external partners;
- Adept at working with people from diverse backgrounds, including staff of grantee organizations, client boards of directors, high net worth donors, and those with divergent political and world views;
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including proofreading and copy editing;
- Proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office and database programs;
- Knowledge of WordPress or other website platforms is a plus;
- Demonstrated interest in the Bay Area community and the nonprofit sector;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters; and
- Demonstrated commitment to PFS values of generosity, respect, integrity, inclusion, commitment, and humility.
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the San Francisco office and may require occasional travel to other Bay Area locations.
PFS operates on a hybrid schedule, meaning full time staff are expected to work at least two days per week in the office and have the option to work remotely from home on other days.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Range: $74,000 - $83,000, DOE
PFS is committed to paying competitive wages. In an effort to increase equity, and because we know that salary negotiations tend to have an unfair bias, we do not participate in salary negotiations outside of this stated starting salary range.
Benefits: Include medical, dental, vision, Section 125 plan, 401K retirement, paid volunteer time, charitable gift matching, hybrid remote work schedules (after three months), public transportation subsidies and more.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with