This is an invitation to join Asia Initiatives, an innovative NGO on an exciting growth trajectory. AI is unique in leveraging the power of social capital to promote healthcare, education and sustainable development in underserved communities in India, Kenya, Ghana and the USA. With a particular focus on women, girls, and their families, AI utilizes Social Capital Credits (SoCCs), its community currency for social good that has received the World Changing Idea Award, as well as awards from MIT SOLVE, General Motors, and others. The organization enjoys the strong support of former Secretary-General of the United Nations, H.E. Ban Ki-moon, in whose honor the annual Ban Ki-moon Award for Women’s Empowerment is bestowed yearly, and of several other global thought leaders. Asia Initiatives (AI) is a New York-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
ABOUT THE POSITION
ABOUT THE POSITION
Asia Initiatives is seeking an experienced, energetic and enterprising Development Officer to take our fundraising to the next level. The Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing a plan to significantly raise our financial support from foundations and other philanthropic donors. The officer will work closely with the co-founder, staff and Board Members of Asia Initiatives. The successful candidate will have a high level of familiarity with, and extensive contacts in, the philanthropic fundraising space.
Competitive compensation for this position will be offered based upon the qualifications of the successful candidate. This position is based in New York. Although much of the work can be done remotely, in-person meetings will also be needed. Flex time arrangements will be considered.
- Develop and implement AI’s fundraising plan in the context of our strategic development plan
- Identify foundations, corporations and other sources of philanthropic funds, and pursue new grant opportunities with them, taking responsibility for all aspects of the applications process
- Develop and lead the fundraising aspect of our flagship 21st Annual Gala scheduled oin September 9 this year, and other fundraising campaigns and donor events
- Support the outreach efforts of Board members to their networks of individuals and corporations and leverage the external profile of the organization.
- Working with our support staff, manage Asia Initiatives’ CRM, record-keeping, communications, and other necessary tasks relating to fundraising activities
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. For further information about Asia Initiatives, please see our website https://www.asiainitiatives.org/ and our latest 2021 Annual Report that can be found there. For inquiries about this position, please contact us at [email protected] Expressions of interest and applications, including an up-to-date resume and information on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and salary expectation, should be emailed to [email protected] with the subject heading: Development Officer.