Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that manages over 39 independent family foundations. We provide whatever a foundation needs to operate optimally, including strategic advice, board support, grantmaking programs, compliance, financial management and a physical home. With a current staff of 41, we value competence and camaraderie and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
PFS is looking for a highly skilled accountant to join the PFS team. The Accountant supports the finance department in providing excellent service to the private foundations that PFS manages. The Accountant is responsible for processing receipts and disbursements, recording journal entries, generating financial reports and special projects as assigned. Regular weekly attendance in the PFS offices is an essential function of this job. The position is full-time, is nonexempt, and reports to the Controller.
$34/hour to $37/hour, DOE. PFS is committed to paying competitive wages. In an effort to increase equity, and because we know that salary negotiations tend to have an unfair bias, we do not participate in salary negotiations outside of this stated starting salary range.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. Principal Responsibilities:
- Process payments and deposits for all foundations as needed.
- Assist Controller in maintaining integrity of MineralTree (third party payment processing software) and ensuring it is syncing correctly with accounting software.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Review and record journal entries prepared by Sr. Accountants.
- Prepare and send investment statements, check registers and general ledger reports to clients as requested.
- Assist Sr. Accountants in monthly closing procedures for foundations, including but not limited to: journal entries, reports as requested.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of grants expense and grants payable with grants management database.
- Responsible for full accounting cycle for selected assigned client foundations as assigned, including full investment accounting and financial statements.
- With Sr. Accountants, complete annual audit/review tasks and requests.
- Assist with annual tax returns, including entering payments into Sage Intacct, filing completed returns on server, sending copies to appropriate accountants.
- Ensure monthly closing checklists are updated regularly.
- Ensure department’s hard copy files and server files are current and orderly.
- Prepare year-end 1099/1096 reports.
- File DE-542 reports as needed.
- Assist Controller and Sr. Accountants on special projects as assigned.
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Solid grounding in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for the U.S.
- At least three years accounting experience, preferably with foundations or nonprofits, general ledger experience required.
- Demonstrated experience and high proficiency with accounting software, Sage Intacct, and MineralTree experience preferred.
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, in a Windows or Office365 environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy. Ability to use Asana a plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple, unrelated projects, including ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters.
- Demonstrated commitment to PFS values of generosity, respect, integrity, inclusion, commitment and humility.
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the San Francisco office.
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Juliana Grenzeback, Vice President of Finance
E-mail: [email protected]
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!