Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For almost 30 years, hundreds of individuals, groups, foundations and other institutions have worked with Community Partners to create new nonprofit projects, establish coalitions, and manage major philanthropic initiatives to benefit the region.
Across all program areas, Community Partners works toward our organizational vision: A vibrant society in which individuals and institutions use knowledge, resources, and relationships to build equitable, democratic and thriving communities.
Our work includes:
We help foundations, corporations, government agencies and other institutions achieve greater impact.
We provide the structure, finance and administrative services, expert counsel that help nonprofit leaders succeed.
We offer workshops, reports, speaking engagements and a range of publications to help strengthen the field.
Community Partners today works with upwards of 180 projects and initiatives and manages roughly $90 million in revenues annually. Our work spans the fields of civic engagement, arts and culture, education, racial and social justice, health, public policy, social services and youth. To learn more, please visit us at www.CommunityPartners.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager, the Grants Accountant will be responsible for the direct management of several key accounting and reporting functions within the organization, focusing on all aspects of the Revenue Cycle, in addition to assisting with system implementations with regards to internal controls, audit compliance and accounting policies and procedures.
Financial management (Revenue Cycle)
- Primarily responsible for managing a portfolio of awards (i.e. contracts, grants and charitable contribution) for financial reporting and ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations and funder specific regulations.
- Performs all grant-related post award functions including, but not limited to: budget and expense analysis, monthly grant and contract invoicing, labor distribution charges, final cost reports, and associated communication with Grant/Fiscal/Program Liaisons
- Performs general accounting activities, including reconciliations, entering billing into the AR module in the financial system, assisting the Accounting Manager during audit, journal entries for cost allocations, and month end close of AR
- Resolves any issues regarding grant invoices, including disallowed expense, technical issues, or unpaid invoices; communicates with fiscal contacts at funding sources for information needed and problem resolution
- Follow up on collection of grants receivable as needed
- Ensures supporting documents (payroll/expenses/vendor invoices, etc.) align with billing and budget, and comply with contractual and/or regulatory stipulations.
- Prepares schedules as requested for annual audit; maintains grant information for funder and participates in audits and reviews by funding agencies as required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience in the nonprofit sector. General knowledge of US GAAP, Uniform Guidance Title 2 CFR 200, and non-profit accounting policies and procedures. High level of experience with Excel required; experience with Accufund, Certify, Paylocity, and Salesforce a plus. Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Must be adaptable and comfortable working collaboratively. Excellent time-management skills with the ability to manage shifting priorities and multiple, competing deadlines. Familiarity with funding from government agencies at the Federal, County, and State levels. Working knowledge of government contracts, compliance, policies and procedures. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality required.
Requires at least two (2) years of grant management and accounting experience. Requires bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field from an accredited institution or a combination of education and related work experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply.