The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation Operations Associate provides comprehensive administrative support to the organization, including daily support to the Executive Director and Director of Operations. This position assists with general office management, arranges all staff travel, provides ongoing support to the Programs Department related to grants administration, assists the Communications Department with special projects and archiving, and coordinates various aspects of Foundation events. The Operations Associate plays an important role in maintaining the organization’s financial, HR, and donor records, provides support with vendor relationships and employee relations, and provides general support for Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Provide daily administrative support to the Executive Director, including scheduling, coordination and confirmation of meetings
- Coordinate travel for all staff members including flights and booking hotel rooms; manage master staff travel and PTO calendar
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls; assist with preparation of meeting materials and arrange catering
- Assist with preparation and execution of Foundation events, including coordination of vendors and event logistics, management of RSVPs and guest list, and providing onsite support
- Update Office Manual as needed
- Manage organization’s physical and digital filing systems
- Organize and manage organization’s archives
- Maintain organization renewals schedule, including subscriptions, policies, and benefit plans
- Assist with vendor selection and management, to ensure optimal office operations
- Perform general clerical duties including filing, copying, mailing, and answering phones
- Manage organization’s inventory of supplies and collateral materials
- Coordinate mailings, including but not limited to event invitations, communications pieces, appeals, and assembly of information packets
- Serve as SharePoint administrator: training staff, troubleshooting, managing email accounts and SharePoint sites
- Monitor IT backup systems, maintain staff equipment inventory and software
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list on Raiser’s Edge and provide Communications Department with updates
- Provide general support for Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, including purchasing, onsite vendor coordination, hospitality needs, accounts payable, and routing general inquiries
- Maintain organization’s financial records including filing of monthly reconciliations for multiple accounts, board reports and other financial statements
- Assist with annual audit and tax form preparation
- Process accounts payable, funding requests, expense reimbursements, and accounts receivable
- Utilize the organization’s Raiser’s Edge database to process gifts received, prepare gift acknowledgements, create queries, run reports, organize lists, and continually maintain accurate database records
- Assist in employee benefits administration including health insurance, 401(k), and Flexible Spending Account, including use of project management software to optimize employee experience
- Track ongoing updates to Employee Handbook and organization policies
- Assist with employee on-boarding process, post job announcements, coordinate new hire paperwork, and maintain human resources forms
- Coordinate staff events, employee recognition, office wellness activities, and trainings
- Assist with overall facilitation and coordination of logistics for events and activities of the national Levitt network including but not limited to the annual Levitt AMP Convening, annual Executive Directors Summit, the Levitt National Tour, and Friends of Levitt group site visits
- Assist in hiring process for lawn survey field researchers and site coordinators
- Manage, purchase, and monitor Levitt domain name accounts
- Archive collateral materials, significant documents, and branded items of grantees
- Act as organization ambassador at events and support the organization’s presence at such events
- Assist with special projects as directed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 2-3 years relevant professional experience
- Strong project management skills with successful track record
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High degree of integrity handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong ability to manage time efficiently
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without loss of attention to detail
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
- Great phone presence with ability to deliver excellent service
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Proficient in Mac
- Working knowledge of SharePoint required
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, a plus
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, a plus
- Passion for and commitment to Levitt Foundation’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About the Levitt Foundation
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation is a private foundation that exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. Through its support of creative placemaking, the Levitt Foundation empowers communities to transform underused public spaces into welcoming destinations where the power of free, live music brings people together and invigorates community life. The Foundation's primary funding areas include permanent Levitt venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. During the past decade, the Foundation has awarded more than $20 million in grants to support access to free, high-caliber live music experiences while bringing new life to public spaces.
The Levitt network of permanent outdoor music venues, Levitt AMP concert sites, Levitt National Tour and select outreach concerts collectively serve more than 750,000 people annually through nearly 500 free, family-friendly concerts in 26 towns and cities. As an example of the high-caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2018 GRAMMY nominees included 15 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
Up to 15 small to mid-sized towns and cities are awarded $25K Levitt AMP matching grants every year to present 10 free concerts in reimagined public spaces during summer or fall. Levitt AMP grantees range from nonprofit arts organizations to downtown business partnerships to universities to community development organizations and more. To date, more than 25 communities have received Levitt AMP grants since 2015.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles; Denver; Dayton, Ohio; Westport, Conn.; Bethlehem, Pa.; Memphis; and Arlington, Texas. Each permanent Levitt venue presents 50 free concerts every year and is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization, with Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles run by the Foundation. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the permanent Levitt venue program is growing. Developing Levitt locations across the country include Sioux Falls (opening 2019) and Houston (opening 2021), amongst other cities.
To learn more about the Levitt Foundation and to see the Levitt program in action, visit levitt.org.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, including “Operations Associate” in subject line.
Levitt Foundation offers a dynamic work environment and competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), and other benefits. EEO/AAW employer.