Scion Executive Search has been engaged to conduct a search for a new Corporate Philanthropy Director in Phoenix, AZ. This is an excellent opportunity for animal lovers and relationship builders within an impactful philanthropic arm of a national company.
This position is full-time, permanent, and based out of Phoenix, AZ with 20-40% travel within a specific assigned region of the United States. Relocation assistance is available for successful qualified candidates.
Your exciting responsibilities include:
- Managing a multi-million dollar grant making portfolio, and managing complex and collaborative projects.
- Regional implementation and communication of our client’s strategy to key constituencies and organizations.
- Identifies potential grantees and projects that are consistent with the goals of our client.
- Develops a productive network of professional relationships with key nonprofit, government, community, and philanthropic leaders.
- Drives regional scalability and directs collaborative team planning.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders including local internal business partners, nonprofits, local public sector officials, community leaders, and fellow associates.
- Leads strategic efforts within your region as it relates to local, regional, and national animal welfare and grant making activities.
- Reviews grant proposals, providing primary support for the maintenance of active grants, and maintaining an open, ongoing relationship with grantees.
- Represents our client in a variety of settings to drive the vision and the role that animal welfare plays in connecting local communities.
- Maintains knowledge of animal welfare and local markets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in grant making roles in the nonprofit landscape or philanthropic arena
- Relationship building skills that are demonstrable and have propelled you in your previous work experience
- Ability to assess the leadership, track record, fiscal health and capacity of a nonprofit organization to lead a program or project
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers a competitive base salary plus an annual performance bonus (up to an additional 10% of base salary) and a robust package of health benefits. Benefits include paid health insurance, 401(k), holidays, vacation time, sick time, LOA, life insurance, and a rewarding role supporting a mission that will inspire you daily. Relocation assistance is also available for successful qualified candidates.
For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected], using the subject title: ‘Corporate Philanthropy Director.’ All questions regarding this search should be directed to Scion Executive Search.
About Our Firm:
Scion Executive Search is an executive search firm connecting executive leadership to foundations, nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions across the country. Cultivated in the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for our clients. Additional information about our firm can be found at: www.scionexecutivesearch.com.