Do you believe in the power of free, live music to transform individuals and their communities? Do you want to gain hands-on experience curating, creating and publishing content on behalf of a national arts foundation? If so, join Levitt’s communications team this fall!
The Communications Department shapes the branding, marketing and communications strategy for the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, also providing communications support for the Levitt AMP concert sites across the country, as needed.
The Communications Intern will support internal and external communications for the Levitt Foundation—helping to build and strengthen internal processes while curating and creating original web and social media content to promote the Levitt Foundation’s grant programs. This intern will also be assigned brand-building projects that tell the broader Levitt story.
- Author up to three blog posts about music, arts access, and/or creative placemaking-related stories tailored to your specific interests for the national Levitt blog, reverb
- Help create engaging brand-building content to populate the Levitt Foundation’s various social media platforms; creating custom graphics, as needed
- Promote, monitor and track the national #musicmoves campaign on Instagram and Twitter through the close of the campaign in late October: crafting social media posts, creating custom graphics and drafting targeted eblasts to promote the campaign; monitoring the live #musicmoves feed and tracking user engagement; and coordinating the selection of the season’s second #musicmoves contest winner
- Work under the guidance of the Communications Manager and Digital Communications Associate to create a 2019 recap #musicmoves video, highlighting top photo submissions throughout the 2019 Levitt concert season
- Track media coverage of the national Levitt network including Levitt AMP sites and permanent Levitt venues (both those in operation and development), identifying potential social media content in the process
- Help expand upon Levitt AMP voter engagement strategies, crafting promotional social media posts throughout the Levitt AMP public voting period (Nov. 1 – 20)
- Research and identify potential cross-promotional opportunities to spread the word about Levitt AMP public voting to new audiences on social media
- Update the 2019 Levitt AMP Music Series website, as needed
- Help track Levitt AMP grantee acknowledgement of the Levitt Foundation
- Support the maintenance of the Levitt photography archive through image tagging
- Help keep the Levitt artist database up to date
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Must be a current undergraduate junior/senior, graduate student or recent graduate
- Preferably pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing or Nonprofit/Arts Administration
- Some experience in graphic design, video editing and/or photography, a plus
- Well-versed and current in social media platforms, tools and trends
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for Levitt’s mission
The Levitt Foundation realizes its mission of community through music through two main programs: permanent outdoor Levitt music venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2019, more than 550 free Levitt concerts are taking place in 26 towns and cities across America, serving more than 750,000 people.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles; Denver; Westport, Connecticut; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Dayton, Ohio; Memphis; and Arlington, Texas. Each permanent Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization, presenting 50 free concerts every year. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the Levitt network is growing, with developing Levitt locations across the country.
In 2019, 18 small- to mid-sized towns and cities are presenting free Levitt concerts through the Levitt AMP Music Series. 2019 locations include Chattanooga, Tenn.; Sheboygan, Wis.; Utica, N.Y.; Carson City, Nev.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each 2019 Levitt AMP winner is presenting 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space.
All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres. Levitt’s family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2019 GRAMMY nominees include 17 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected], including “Levitt Foundation Fall Communications Internship” in the subject line.
To learn more about the national Levitt Foundation, visit levitt.org.