CORO Northern California
San Francisco, CA
CORO is looking for a VP of Strategic Partnerships and Development. This is a unique, newly created opportunity to build and deliver a cohesive development and communications strategy at one of the nation’s premier civic leadership development organizations. We are growing rapidly and need a senior team member with a solid foundation of success as an accomplished and creative advancement (fundraising and communications) professional. CORO has a truly stunning cross-sector network of thousands of community partners, alumni, field faculty, community supporters, and donors. We need your help to best leverage this network in service of our mission to fuel civic engagement across California. This is a great opportunity if you are ready to:
- build and scale innovative partnerships and fundraising programs
- serve on an Executive Leadership Team, as a thought-partner to the CEO, and a guiding force for the organization
Our increasingly complex world requires leaders who can collaborate across sectors to address society’s greatest opportunities and challenges. CORO Northern California (CORO) prepares individuals from diverse backgrounds to be these leaders—youth, recent college graduates, and professionals who ignite positive change in their communities and workplaces. CORO Northern California is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 1942 by two San Franciscans whose goal was to create a post-graduate training program in leadership. Their vision has grown to five centers: Los Angeles, St. Louis, New York, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco (all separate nonprofit organizations). Our vast cross-sector alumni includes elected officials like Senator Dianne Feinstein, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer, and engaged and influential leaders in government, labor, the media, business and non-profit organizations across the country.
As part of our Executive Leadership Team, this role is responsible for partnerships and relationships to support our impact, visibility and financial resources. It is expected that the amount raised by CORO will increase in future years as the VP of Strategic Partnerships and Development strengthens our organization's overall fundraising capacity. Responsibilities include:
- Actively work with the CEO and senior staff to develop and implement an innovative and comprehensive partnership strategy to include corporations, alumni, individuals, foundations and other community partners.
- Lead team to develop and deliver annual fundraising and communication plans
- Conceive of and actively manage core organizational partnership and fundraising campaigns, including events
- Oversee and lead CORO marketing and communications efforts
- Actively use research and data to create and execute advancement strategies that position CORO ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Regularly represent CORO and opportunities to connect with CORO to the broader community
- Monitor and report regularly to the Board on the progress of the development program
- Work closely with the board of directors and mentor board members to take an active role in advancement
- Dynamically participate on the organization’s Leadership Team
- At least 8-10 years experience in development or business development with demonstrated success in donor/partner management and strategy and innovative partner/donor engagement efforts. We are open to considering candidates from the private or government sectors transitioning to the non-profit sector.
- Excellent presentation skills – both written and in-person
- Capable of leading with composure, flexibility, and efficiency during crunch times
- Familiarity with CORO’s programs and interest in CORO’s mission preferred
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Self-awareness and sense of humor
- Solid understanding of philanthropy best practices and professional grant making
- Passion for non-profit innovation, specifically as it relates to advancement and development
- Active presence and engagement in the broader Bay Area community
- Solid team manager, with track record of building thriving, disciplined, and cohesive teams
This position reports to the CEO. Our offices are in San Francisco’s Financial District, close to BART and Muni. We value our team and provide competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, 401k match and a very generous PTO and flexible work policy.
To apply, please submit your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title “VP Strategic Partnerships and Development” in the subject of your email.
CORO Northern California | 233 Sansome St. Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104 | 415.986.0521 | www.coronorcal.org