C4Q(Coalition for Queens)
To officially apply, Please Submit Your Resume and Cover Letter to our form via :
We believe that people from every community—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future.
We are transforming the tech industry by empowering underserved, low-income, and underrepresented communities with skills, networks, and opportunity through our innovative Access Code program. This intensive program in software development prepares participants with no prior coding experience for developer jobs at the hundreds of innovative startups and tech companies that are looking to hire the next generation of talent. With support from leaders in business, philanthropy, and technology including Blackstone, Robin Hood Foundation, and Google, we are pioneering new pathways from poverty to the middle class.
Graduates are quadrupling their annual income from $18,900 to over $85,000 with jobs at leading tech companies such as Pinterest, Buzzfeed, OKCupid, and many others. Program cohorts are inclusive, diverse, and reflective of the industry we aim to create with at least 50% women, 60% underrepresented minorities, 40% immigrants, and 50% without 4-year college degrees. The most recent cycle of the program successfully trained over 90 developers, and the program will expand to graduate over 120 developers in the coming year.
The Head of Access Code Operations and Planning will be responsible for building a culture of operational excellence within a fast-growing program. Analytical prowess, strategic thinking, and planning skills are essential for this position, as is the ability to prioritize resources across the entire program in order to drive real and sustainable impact.
- Manage team of 4 Program Managers, who are front-line staff working with each cohort to drive non-technical outcomes (industry readiness, student characteristics) as well as student engagement and cohort culture
- Recruit, hire, and onboard Program Managers as needed, prior to program launch
- Work directly with Managing Director of Access Code to create robust planning timelines, model future needs, and actively track program progress towards KPIs
- Coordinate goal-setting and activities across the 3 pillars of Access Code - technical mastery, industry readiness, and student characteristics - to deliver an effective, holistic impact
- Identify and improve the strategy development and planning process, e.g. go/no-go decision-making framework on strategic projects
- Set high bar for operational excellence, with focus on driving through outcomes/KPIs, clear communication and accountability, successful project and meeting management
- Ensure student data consistency and lead insights development for the program, including designing key program components like exit tickets or post-event surveys to capture meaningful and actionable data for future analysis
- Create and continuously refine operating procedures and systems that enable the staff and various teams to operate effectively
- Manage the Access Code team calendar, driving a workflow that ensures all aspects of the program and activities are executed on time, on brand, and on budget
- Oversee logistics for daily operations, events, and other types of activity within Access Code program
- Prioritize competing demands on the team bandwidth, including coordination with non-program C4Q staff
- Help facilitate meetings, develop and communicate meeting agendas and goals, record notes, send around next steps and deadlines
- 3-5 years of demonstrated success in fast-paced strategic or operational role with demonstrated success
- Management experience and high emotional intelligence
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to work under tight deadlines and under pressure to achieve goals
- Able to work independently on complex problems
- Exceptional project management and follow-through skills
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with the tech industry and passion for human development are a plus
We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.